Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 4:05:55 PM EDT
Any thoughts on Del-Ton complete uppers? First time builder looking for good quality low coats upper. Check this out:
www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=472
All opinions welcome.   Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
del ton are good folks

great stuff
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
How about fit and finish to a RRA lower?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
AS Alphaghost has posted Del ton are good people and offer some good products. I recently bought my 1st ar and i went with Del ton. I just had a chance to shoot it earlier this morning. I put 300 rounds through it without any problems. I would defintly do business with them in the future
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont know how they compare to RRA, but the fit to my Stag lower was nice and tight, and the color matched up pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good! What were the groups like?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about fit and finish to a RRA lower?

mine is just a tad lighter, but it matches pretty good
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I dont know how they compare to RRA, but the fit to my Stag lower was nice and tight, and the color matched up pretty good.

Ditto, No complaints with my Det-Ton upper and the fit to my Stag lower is really tight.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto, No complaints with my Det-Ton upper and the fit to my Stag lower is really tight.

I just got an upper from those guys. Running it on a Superior lower and it functions fantastic.  Looks good too.  I will go to Del-Ton first for all my "supplies" from now on. Give them a call, they spend the time to get it right...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an A2 Upper with 20" HBAR and FF tube it is very accurate and Is well constructed good finish. I will definetly be getting another from Del-ton.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I just ordered a complete upper from these guys for my first build. A 16" pre-ban chrome moly with  b/bc/ch. I hope everything goes well. I can't wait to shoot it. I'll try to post pics if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yup, got my upper from Del-Ton a few months back and it matches up nicely to my Stag.

Overall, saved probably like $50ish dollars over building one bit by bit. But, it's test fired and good to go once received, plus any additional accessories would be already installed.

Put 600 rounds through it, with only a few hiccups. Had some trouble when charging it, a round would jam. Happened a few times, still trying to figure out what could be the problem.

More than likely will go through them again for another kit, but this time I'll build it differently.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a Del-Ton upper last year and it ran great. Fit and finish were very good and it matched a Bushy lower I had.
I'd buy from them again if I hadn't become a Rock River nut.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I just received my upper and it's frickin' awesome!!!  I can't wait to shoot!  The fit is very tight and the match to my RRA lower is just about perfect, The upper is just a hair lighter.  I'll try to post pics tonight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#14]
CLP your upper and I bet it will match your lower just fine. Enjoy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top