Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:28:41 PM EDT
Is the les baer worth the extra grand vs the bushy.I own a bushy but am wondering if it is worth the coin to go with Les baer.Any other makes I should consider as well,all input is welcome!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 4:31:11 PM EDT by SPDSNYPR]
IBTP

I'd go with the Bushie. I'm not sure about how much better the LB would be over the bushie, and I don't think it would be worth the extra $$.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:31:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/1/2006 4:31:45 PM EDT by Mr-H]
I wouldn't think so. Not for just a target gun. With good ammo, the Bushy Varminter is about the best out there in the accuracy department that I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:55:44 PM EDT
Here is a 350+ yard shot on a 6" prairie dog with my Bushy Varminter. There's more if you look under More Video....In short, go with the Bushy

Video
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:29:24 PM EDT
Unfortunatly you aren't gonna find too many Les Baer fans here...

If I had the extra cash, I would get a Les Baer just to say I had one! Les guarantees 1/2 MOA on his rifles and Bushy don't but you would probably be surprised what you are able to do with the Bushmaster.

I own an OLYMPIC ARMS which is the trailer trash of AR15.com and much like driving a crappy Pinto..... Les Baer is like the hopped up Mustang Saleen that I can't afford but but tell everybody I will own one, one day! But the problem is you are telling guys who have Lamborogini's and they don't give a fuck about your Mustang......

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:47:12 PM EDT
Thanks guys for all the info and that video is bad ass!!!!!
I have decided to go with the bushy!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:03:18 PM EDT
I probably will be flamed for promoting the Les Baer, but here goes anyway.

I bought a Bushy Varminter prior to the end of the BAN, so the fit and finish was very good. However, this particular sample would not consistantly produce tight groups. Typically, a 3/4 MOA rifle. Not bad for a shelf gun, but I wanted better accuracy in a PD gun.

The Bushy was replaced with a LBC Super Varmint. Immediately, I was shooting 1/2 MOA and better. Fed 69GR Gold Medal, GM223M, will typically cluster into 1/2 inch at 200 yards, with the usual outlier spreading the 5 shot group to just under 1 inch. This being under ideal conditions.

Hope this helps.
Top Top