Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/1/2006 3:47:51 PM EDT
I was cruising around Geissele Automatic's new website, and came across this trigger.

Seems like it answers the concerns of those still leery of adjustments. This trigger has none.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:49:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:55:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:58:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:37:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigbore:

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Has anyone had a chance to play around with this one yet?

It still has all the parts and screws, I believe the screws are just loctited pre-set in place.

Geissele does have a Single stage trigger in the works, and I have been playing with a prototype for about a week. I believe if he can price it competitively, it will be a hit.

Man, that's not what the description leads you to believe. No matter, red loctite goes nowhere but some people are just too paranoid about screws moving.

All I can say every time I shoot or dry fire my rifle is .
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:50:10 AM EDT
I just saw that they have a DMR version, with the light first stage of the match trigger, but the second stage of the service rifle. This seems perfect to me.

Steve will you be carrying all of the versions, or can I special order the DMR version?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:53:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigbore: Geissele does have a Single stage trigger in the works, and I have been playing with a prototype for about a week. I believe if he can price it competitively, it will be a hit.

Yes, Geissele does have a "single stage" trigger in the works. Not exactly a true single stage design but more like a rolling break design. The break is approx. 2lbs - clean. Been helping him with this since November 2005 and so far my prototype has over 1K no problems or issues. More testing and development needs to be worked on but everyone who has tried it loves it. Will be using this trigger in the upcoming 3-gun season and I believe this trigger will be (as bigbore states) "a hit".
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:23:38 AM EDT
+1, when I am bored, and need some 'self stimulation'. I pull out my SPR and dry fire with the geis. trigger in it. That last stage...mmmMmmMMMm.

Come in april, I'll put it through my own 'personal' test..at my first precision rifle class.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:41:10 AM EDT
A little off topic, somebody has stated that the Geissele FCG will work with a RRA 9MM conversion. If this is true I think I would use one on my SBR build. So that changing from a .223 upper to a 9MM upper, all that would necessary would pull the magblock and switch uppers. Any confirmation on this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:52:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:17:03 AM EDT
Do they come with different springs, or do you stock different springs, so the customer can set it up how they want?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:40:16 AM EDT
Priced "competitively" as in the $300 range or $100 range?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 3:44:06 PM EDT by Banzai]

Originally Posted By metroplex:

When was the last time you got 'something for nothing' in a gun accessory?

You can have it right.
You can have it cheap.
You can have it now.

Pick any two.

In the gun business, you get exactally what you paid for and absolutely nothing more. I'm willing to pay for quality machine work, quality components, and quality engineering.

As far as I'm concerned, the Geissle at $270something for a fully adjustable 2 stage is competative with and better than the "lesser" options because it's right, cheaper than a KAC, and more available than many of the $200ish+ options for a field trigger.

If the single stage, or any of the 'designated use' 2 stage triggers have the same parts or the same attention to detail in design, construction, and material selection, they're going to be a bargain.

YMMV

Tom
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:16:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:

The Geissele trigger has no competition.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:26:49 PM EDT
--Geissele does have a Single stage trigger in the works--

Now we,re talking --Let us know

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:25:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigcraig:
A little off topic, somebody has stated that the Geissele FCG will work with a RRA 9MM conversion. If this is true I think I would use one on my SBR build. So that changing from a .223 upper to a 9MM upper, all that would necessary would pull the magblock and switch uppers. Any confirmation on this.

Works with mine too! I have the match trigga'
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:48:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigbore:
As for offering all the "versions" that are all the same triggers, with different combonations of springs. I'll have to confirm, but I bet the "DMR" is the Service Rifle trigger, with Match trigger spring.

I bought the Match Trigger from ADCO, after using it I should have gone with the DMR trigger.
Live and learn.

I sent Geissele an email and this is their response:

Our DMR trigger is a combination of both the Service and Match rifle triggers.
It has the Service rifle disconnector spring with a Match rifle trigger spring.
If you feel completely capable of switching the disconnector spring on your
match trigger to a Service rifle disconnector spring let me know.
The cost for a Service disconnector spring is $4.30 plus $1 for shipping.

So the order went out.

That's excellent customer service.

The Geissele is the first two-stage trigger I have ever shot, and I have to say to me it is well worth it.
Top Top