Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:17:51 AM EDT
Well I'm still new to this forum, going on two months now.

I have a Bushmaster AK A3 16in Carbine.  I've only had it for a few weeks now.  Its the first firearm I've owned short of being assigned a M16 in the Army.

My first mod was to address the sling.  That was the most hated part of my M16 durning my days of the Army.  I switched to Bushmaster's Fixed M4 stock.  I also added their B.M.A.S. Tactical Sling Adapter.  I'm using a BlackHawk Universal Sling.

What I'm up in the air about right now is this.  Do I change the latch on the charging handle or go with the ambi magazine release?

I want the bigger latch on the charging handle, because I like firing with gloves.  Mostly because it can get cold in CT.  I want the fun of firing all year long.   But I've always wore some type of hand protection.

I want the ambi magazine release for one simply reason.  I want faster magazine swaps.  I don't want to risk dropping a magazine either.  Plus, a friend of mine is a leftie.  So I'd like to make this rifle easier for him to operate it.

There two are the next mods I want to make.  I'm just not sure which one to go with first.

After these two mods, I was planning on switching to an ambi selector switch.  I might do something to reinforce the trigger, add a flashlight/mount/front sling adapter and bipod.  All the while trying to expand upon my magazine collection.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy more ammo and go shooting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Training Class
Mags
Ammo
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Of your two options, I chose the mag release simply b/c summer is coming up and I'm pretty sure you wont be wearing gloves for a while. Get the tac latch later
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

Both are silly, Frill modifications!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Buying more ammo isn't a problem  I went twice last week using up 500rds.  This week is a slow week, friday I might use up 200 rds.

Training?  I think I had tons of training in the 6yrs of Army service.  I'm a bit rusty, something firing alot will fix.  I'm mostly on target, but my shot groups aren't as tight as they use to be.

These might be "frills", but I'm fixing what I didn't/don't like.  I will admit to the bipod and flash light as frills.

later

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1

The Tac Latch is definitely NOT a silly, frill modification.  It is actually quite beneficial.  It is especially useful for charging the weapon while the weapon is slung across your chest with a 3 point sling.  Go for the tac latch first, and then if you really think you need it later, go for the ambi catch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top