Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:38:04 AM EDT
I am looking for a Quick Detach mount for use on my Troy Rail handguard, but not sure if I should go with the Larue or the Arms version.  From looking at pictures it appears as if the ARMS sits more flush, and the LaRue raises the gun a bit more when rested on the bipod.  Does anyone have any first hand opinions of these parts?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't tried the ARMS but I own a Larue.  It adds roughly 1/2 to 3/4" to the height of the bipod.  Larue stuff is also milled and ARMS is cast.  You can also adjust the amount of the levers tension on the rail with the Larue which you cannot on an ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a LaRue, its very solid and tight, I have never used an ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a LaRue, its very solid and tight, I have never used an ARMS mount.

+1

I like the larue bipod mount and the company. They have been great to me, so all my mounts come from them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two ARMS bipod adapters and am happy with both of them. I have tried them both and like the lower profile of the ARMS piece better. Larues mount is cheaper and uses a better method to make his mount but I don't think there is anything wrong with the ARMS mount being cast.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#6]
speaking of the sig line, anyone have the pic of the broken arms lever arm.

the only mount I have is a larue acog mount, it's good stuff, very well made.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both.

The ARMS is slimmer but the Larue seems stronger.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#8]
ARMS here.

Works great.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
the arms mount gets the bipod closer to the rifle making the pivot point lower. the larue mount is a nice solid piece which doesnt require you to disassemble the bipod
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Took the arms mount on a 9 month deployment in 04-05...  It managed to survive...
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a GG&G bipod with the ARMS mil-standard  mount. I will be switching it out for a Larue mount. The Larue is a much higher quality mount. I put a Larue on my M900 and what a differance. I was going to buy one from a woman on ebay when she pulled the item. I sent her an email and asked why she pulled the auction. Seems she was at the range and her ARMS mount failed so she had to instll the Larue.  Larue is more expensive but worth it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#14]
The LaRue mount relies on the Harris clamping system which I have found to be weak. I prefer the ARMS mount because it completely replaces all of the mounting parts of the Harris, is slimmer, weights less, and is just more integrated to the bipod.

The LaRue just feels like an after-thought.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top