Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 2:17:29 AM EDT
Hi my name is Mark and i planning on getting a AR15 as my next semi auto and i admit i know nothing about AR15's.  Im planning on using it as a all around kind of rifle for accuracy and tactical use and i am told the AR15 is the best for that,  but im having a problem on deciding which one i should get or if i should build one from the ground up.  It's all very confusing to me becuase theres alot of different kinds out there.  what would be a good entry level AR15 that is user freindly but also good for adding tactical eccesories.  Please give me your inpute

thankyou

-Mark
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
First off welcome, Mark!

The "whats the best brand to get for a first AR15" comes up all the time here, and its one of those questions without an answer.

There are however many opinions

A- Id get a factory AR15 and would not try to "build one" as a 1st

B- I would stick with the better makes- Bushmaster Colt, Armalite, Rock River Arms. You may spend a bit more but you will appreciate the decision later on

C- Spend a little more now - save a lot later

D- Spend a few hours reading and perusing this site's AR15 forums (not Genera Discussion) and you will learn more than you could from any other reference source

If you are looking for a specific model.............

Colt LE 6920 (knesekguns.com)

Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine (A3 version only)

or other flat top models............

Enjoy!!

EDIT!! OOPS!!!

Never mind............just noticed your behind enemy lines!! Check out this forum---->CLICK HERE
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top