Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 11:39:39 PM EDT
Not sure where to putt this so I'll stick it here

I'm looking at the YHM railed hand guards and I have come down to either the two piece regular style or the actual free float.

When I shoot, or at least once a month I like to strip my rifle as far as I can which includes hand guards to make sure everything is nice and clean. I don’t want to take the gas block off if I don’t have to.

Now it is my understanding that a regular free float requires that you remove the gas block to install it? If that is the case, I will just opt out.

My hand guards aren’t aim critical anyway as they will be holding lights and a vertical grip. I know this will affect POI but I can sight around that assuming the POI won’t change too much from each time I strip the rifle.

As far as I see things, the free float gives me no gain and a lot of headache.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
to search or not to search

the big FAQ thread tacked in rifles,uppers and lowers forum

there are free floats that just require removal/cutiing of the delta ring.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top