Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:57:40 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to do a 6.8 build & need some 25rd mags. Who makes the best mags? Who do you guys recommend? PRI or Barrett? Or is PRI making Barretts' mags? All advice, info & responses are greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:23:31 PM EDT
Never seen a Barrett 6.8 sold loose. Everyone uses PRIs. They work fine. I like the 15-rounders for prone and bench shooting. 4,000 rounds in one afternoon through 5 mags........

Simon
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:08:43 AM EDT
You might also check out the mags that Alexander Arms had Creative Products develop for the 6.5 Grendel. I think you can even get them marked as 6.8 SPC mags now (dunno if they changed anything other than the floorplate).

www.cproductsllc.com/
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:46:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 10:57:22 AM EDT by USGunner]
LMT has 6.8 mags now. Also, I believe one of the modifications that went into the 2nd gen follower from Magpul was a tweak that helps with 6.8 rounds.

EDIT: I just looked into the Barrett mags -- they are available seperately. I can't speak on the quality of any of them. ...that's why I'm looking for threads like this one :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:33:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Griz:
You might also check out the mags that Alexander Arms had Creative Products develop for the 6.5 Grendel. I think you can even get them marked as 6.8 SPC mags now (dunno if they changed anything other than the floorplate).

www.cproductsllc.com/

Yes, these magazines are able to feed 6.8 SPC as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:05:28 PM EDT
C Products is now making dedicated 6.8mm SPC and 6.5mmG mags in stainless steel. I believe they will begin shipment @ the first of April. I believe you can pre-order them now. Hope this is of some use.

TS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:33:23 PM EDT
Pri mags work great, just got a few more in today, they come w/ blue Magpul followers and are marked 6.8 on the side. Quality is first rate and they stand behind what they sell.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:01:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USGunner:
LMT has 6.8 mags now. Also, I believe one of the modifications that went into the 2nd gen follower from Magpul was a tweak that helps with 6.8 rounds.

EDIT: I just looked into the Barrett mags -- they are available seperately. I can't speak on the quality of any of them. ...that's why I'm looking for threads like this one :)

What capacity on the LMT mags? I was going to get my bolt & carrier from them, so I might as well pick up some mags too!
Top Top