Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:57:40 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to do a 6.8 build & need some 25rd mags. Who makes the best mags? Who do you guys recommend? PRI or Barrett? Or is PRI making Barretts' mags? All advice, info & responses are greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen a Barrett 6.8 sold loose. Everyone uses PRIs. They work fine. I like the 15-rounders for prone and bench shooting. 4,000 rounds in one afternoon through 5 mags........

Simon
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
You might also check out the mags that Alexander Arms had Creative Products develop for the 6.5 Grendel.   I think you can even get them marked as 6.8 SPC mags now (dunno if they changed anything other than the floorplate).

www.cproductsllc.com/
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
LMT has 6.8 mags now.  Also, I believe one of the modifications that went into the 2nd gen follower from Magpul was a tweak that helps with 6.8 rounds.

EDIT:  I just looked into the Barrett mags -- they are available seperately.  I can't speak on the quality of any of them.  ...that's why I'm looking for threads like this one :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You might also check out the mags that Alexander Arms had Creative Products develop for the 6.5 Grendel.   I think you can even get them marked as 6.8 SPC mags now (dunno if they changed anything other than the floorplate).

www.cproductsllc.com/

Yes, these magazines are able to feed 6.8 SPC as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
C Products is now making dedicated 6.8mm SPC and 6.5mmG mags in stainless steel.  I believe they will begin shipment @ the first of April.   I believe you can pre-order them now.  Hope this is of some use.

TS
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Pri mags work great, just got a few more in today, they come w/ blue Magpul followers and are marked 6.8 on the side. Quality is first rate and they stand behind what they sell.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
LMT has 6.8 mags now.  Also, I believe one of the modifications that went into the 2nd gen follower from Magpul was a tweak that helps with 6.8 rounds.

EDIT:  I just looked into the Barrett mags -- they are available seperately.  I can't speak on the quality of any of them.  ...that's why I'm looking for threads like this one :)

What capacity on the LMT mags? I was going to get my bolt & carrier from them, so I might as well pick up some mags too!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top