Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:16:22 PM EDT
Howdy, I have a RRA with a removable carry handle. I want to mount an Aimpoint comp M off the handle with a rail. But my rail will not fit the handle. RRA carry handle not mill spec I assume? What are my options? Will a different carry handle work? Any other rail made fit my RRA handle? Pitch it all and buy a Colt????
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:21:21 PM EDT
don't pitch it all and buy a colt...i'm not for sure at the moment but i would say there are other rails that will fit and you could just sell that rail on EE.....or you could maybe just get a colt carry handle or one that will work with your rail....what rail/mount is it anyways? that would help a ton!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:24:53 PM EDT
I have the military M68 set up. Sight (comp M), rail and mount.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:56:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:08:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Troy:
Gooseneck-type rails don't fit detatchable carry handles (of any make) because detachable handles are machined differently, by necessity of their design. Those rails only work properly on fixed-handle uppers.

If you have a flattop, there is really no reason to use a carry handle along with an AimPoint.

-Troy

+1, ditch that useless handle, get a different BUIS by selling the handle/mount, and mount the aimpoint directly on the flattop.

Josh
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:51:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jcovercash:

Originally Posted By Troy:
Gooseneck-type rails don't fit detatchable carry handles (of any make) because detachable handles are machined differently, by necessity of their design. Those rails only work properly on fixed-handle uppers.

If you have a flattop, there is really no reason to use a carry handle along with an AimPoint.

-Troy

+1, ditch that useless handle, get a different BUIS by selling the handle/mount, and mount the aimpoint directly on the flattop.

Josh

+2

That's the whole point of a flattop!!
Top Top