Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 3:10:00 PM EDT
can anyone give me opinions on who's cmp legal rifl they use in highpower competition? plusses minues for each make (bushmaster, dpms, les baer, olympic, rock river and whoever else) I am looking to replace my old a2 and want to make an informed purchase
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My direct knowledge of makes from personal experience on the line:

RRA: best bang for the buck, good sights good trigger, good barrel.  My brother went from zero to Expert in one season.

Bushmaster: crap trigger.  more than a few people I've know, and some club guns have needed warantee service.

DPMS: crap sights.

Armalite: good sights, ok trigger, too much money.

Olympic:  used to be available from Neal Johnson, good barrels, but that's about it.

If you already have an A2, you could buy a RRA NM A2 upper and a RRA two stage trigger, or you could a step up and get a White Oak NM upper and two stage trigger.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll add Fulton Armory to the list for your consideration.

If you have an A2, just get a NM upper, a set of lead weights for inside the stock and handguards, and a Geissele trigger.  No need to replace what you have completely.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If you already have an A2, you could buy a RRA NM A2 upper and a RRA two stage trigger.

+1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Waitin for my RRA NM A2 to come in.  So that would be my advise.   But a White Oak Precision, compass lake, or  RRA  upper with 2 stage trigger would also be an option.  If money isn't a problem get RRA lower and one of the above uppers then you'll have 2 AR's

+1 to my advice
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top