Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 11:18:10 PM EDT
Called up asked some simple questions.  Wanted a flip up front fight installed on my RRA (want the pros to do it) and the lady tells me "Well I don't know about that or how much it would cost"  then silence......

I respond "Well how can I get some information about it?"

Responce "Well ahhh"  and silence, nada, zip, nothing.

I then ask (just to change the damn subject because I was getting mad) about a price quote for LEO mags.  She instantly tells me "You need to fax that request in with a department letter head, is that all for you today?"

So I fax the damn thing in and quess what, nada, zip, nothing.  

Ended up getting a quote from Bushmaster (Thanks for the quick response TREY!!!!) and will probably give them the sell.

Man, that really caught me off guard!!

David
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just buy regular 30rd. mags? They are the same as LEO just not stamped.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]
bravocompany has a great deal on D&H mags right now when you buy a 10pk and i doubt you will find a better deal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
We all have bad days.  Go to the Industry forum for RRA and Steve will promptly answer your questions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
bravocompany has a great deal on D&H mags right now when you buy a 10pk and i doubt you will find a better deal.

+1

Piss on RRA!! Send it to ADCO to have the work done...

Here's another place to get mags at a decent price... 44mag.com
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it was just the fact that you were talking to someone who had no clue what was going on. Did you get the name?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Called up asked some simple questions.  Wanted a flip up front fight installed on my RRA (want the pros to do it) and the lady tells me "Well I don't know about that or how much it would cost"  then silence......

I then ask (just to change the damn subject because I was getting mad) about a price quote for LEO mags.  She instantly tells me "You need to fax that request in with a department letter head, is that all for you today?"

Ended up getting a quote from Bushmaster (Thanks for the quick response TREY!!!!) and will probably give them the sell.

David

Sack up you freaking baby and stop your whining
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want it done by a professional, then you need it sent to www.Adcofirearms.com, not RRA or Bushmaster.

Bushmaster can't even mount the Front sight straight on their production rifles, why in hell would you trust them?

And that is no joke. Send it to ADCO.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Piss on RRA!! Send it to ADCO to have the work done...

Here's another place to get mags at a decent price... 44mag.com

+ 1 x 2!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I e-mailed bushmaster about doing work on a XM15A2 and they told me to go to ADCO. So I'm going to ADCO lol
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:46:47 AM EDT
[#10]
It's to bad for RRA, I to have had rotten customer service from them on several occasions, coupled with the fact they will not accept faxed copys of FFL s.  The current license the had on file was expired and I want to order some parts (non firearm) and they would not sell them with out me sending in a new license.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

David

Personally I think this says more about the caller than it does about RRA service.

First off to the best of my knowledge RRA Tech service number is unlisted and asking a saleperson expecting an order about replacing a FSB (which to the best of my knowledge is work they don't do) ain't something most of us would bother a sales clerk with....

And as noted by those above, attempting to purchase magazines from a dealer like RRA, would pretty silly when there are actual magazine dealers out there giving discounts to military and LEO, many listed right here on this site.

IMO, the "caller" was the one with the bad attitude and a lack of common sense.

Mike

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Personally I think this says more about the caller than it does about RRA service.

+1 - I could have given him some slack about the flip up front BUIS. Right, wrong or indifferent, I know there are a lot of people that are funny about letting anybody except for the original manufacturer work on their guns but...

Trying to buy magazines from them? That's just
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

David

First off to the best of my knowledge RRA Tech service number is unlisted and asking a saleperson expecting an order about replacing a FSB (which to the best of my knowledge is work they don't do) ain't something most of us would bother a sales clerk with....

And as noted by those above, attempting to purchase magazines from a dealer like RRA, would pretty silly when there are actual magazine dealers out there giving discounts to military and LEO, many listed right here on this site.

IMO, the "caller" was the one with the bad attitude and a lack of common sense.

Mike

Any business worth a shit that relies on consumer sales will have someone on the front end to field calls - and direct them to someone who can help them

This includes those with little idea what they really need. In fact, especially those.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Very few manufacturers do custom work. Send it to a vendor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#15]
With all due respect, the gun was a RRA and maybe he had been happy with the gun and wanted to reward RRA with some additional sales.  Whatever the case, both people on the call made mistakes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#16]
The guy could have called asking for a medium pepperoni pizza with an M203 on the side, it doesn't matter.  Poor inter-personal communications with customers is unacceptable.  If the manufacturer doesn't do "aftermarket work",  a simple "I'm sorry sir, RRA does not perform those modifications to our rifles" or "I'm not sure if that's something we can do for you, let me get your number and I'll check and call you back" would have been far more appropriate than "I don't know how to answer your question, so I'll just play stupid until you go away".  As for the magazines, they ARE a product that RRA sells (per their own web-site), and they have the right to set whatever policies they want to sell them, but when the customer complies and sends the damn fax, as long as they received it, a reply is obligatory *if* customer service is something that's important to them.

Customers can't do "wrong" with a phone call, they may just need some steering in the right direction, and it's the customer service reps responsibility to provide that steering or get the customer to someone who can.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Everyday I'm happier and happier I decided to NOT buy an RRA upper.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I think both parties are at fault for the lack of info in the conversation. Her for not knowing or offering to transfer your call to someone that did, and yours for changing the subject and not asking to talk to someone else.

I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with anyone from RRA.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
PLease...dont justify bad customer service by thinking the customer did something wrong by asking questions. If RRA has a problem answering questions they should not provide a phone number to call.

The bottom line is the caller received poor service over the phone....by someone that acted as if they had better things to do than answer a customers questions. Even if you ask a stupid question you should not be treated in that manner.  Unacceptable by any standards...they are not the only game in town.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Part of the problem is expecting the first person you talk to to be technical. This is rarely the case.
Ask to speak to a technical person before you start spouting your AR15 jargon or you might as well be speaking Swahili.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#21]
If the person he talked to first did not have a good answer than he should have been politely transfered to someone who did.  It's all about customer service and treating people like you actually want thier business.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

DANG! That is an insane price!! Is that a temporary sale price or the permanant price??
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#23]
What exactly did they do wrong?

I have never understood why people assume that a customer service employee is going to know a damn thing. Bitching about it on the Internet even makes LESS sense.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have never understood why people assume that a customer service employee is going to know a damn thing. Bitching about it on the Internet even makes LESS sense.

Right on -- assume all customer service employees (and all employees for that matter) are complete idiots and consider yourself lucky if you receive any service.  In fact, consider yourself lucky if you don't have to make/grown any product yourself.  That goes for all businesses everywhere at any point in time.  Further, everyone in the world (except for yourself, of course) baths themselves in stupidity everyday.

*sarcasim

LOL, ya, why assume a "customer service rep." knows anything?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right on -- assume all customer service employees (and all employees for that matter) are complete idiots and consider yourself lucky if you receive any service.  In fact, consider yourself lucky if you don't have to make/grown any product yourself.  That goes for all businesses everywhere at any point in time.  Further, everyone in the world (except for yourself, of course) baths themselves in stupidity everyday.

*sarcasim

LOL, ya, why assume a "customer service rep." knows anything?

You don't, but you do expect them to direct your call to someone who does.................or is that asking too much from a company?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm amazed.....

I'll hire ANY of you that are so black and white about this being "bad customer service"...  you all must be 100%, 110% of the time.  Even if you may have been filing in for the sort of person that answers the phone when I call.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Any business worth a shit that relies on consumer sales will have someone on the front end to field calls - and direct them to someone who can help them
This includes those with little idea what they really need. In fact, especially those.

They don't rely  on consumer sales, they rely on FFL holder sales.  FFL holders have to worry about the consumer.

RRA isn't ADCO or Eagle Firearms.  They are a firearms manufacturer.  They make rifles for leo/gov and civilian FFL holders.  The only time they want to hear from us is warranty services (then they don't want to hear it, but are obligated).  They are too busy filling contracts to deal with much else.

If you want a Rifle from them, let your FFL holder deal with them.  If you want custom work, send it to a licensed/reputable gunsmith if you can't do it yourself.  If you want piece parts, get them from someone who stocks them.  Bushmaster, RRA, Sabre Defence, and others only have parts for sale because they have parts laying around ready to be built into firearms.  If they can send a part to fix one of their rifles instead of you sending your rifle in, it saves them time and money.

Sometimes they just don't care.  Be glad they sell their rifles to the public...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I agree with some of you that a company's phone rep should be on top of their game try to make sales, not brush people off.  My attidute with her on the other hand was VERY respectful and I sure as hell didn't start demanding to talk to a manager or make the call even worse.

I realize I can send my rifle to other companies to have the front sight replaced but the one I want is being sold by them and their the ones who put it together.  I emailed them the request and their tech support guy replied in under 24 hours.  They do custom work but charge $50 per hour.

And as for me being a whining baby, whatever man....I bet your a bright ray of sunshine when someone fucks up something for you.

Thanks boys.

David
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They do custom work but charge $50 per hour.

se what I mean by not wanting to hear from you?  Freakin crazy isn't it?  Unfortunately, this is business...

Have you though about installing it yourself?  It really shouldn't be that hard, unless you have a perm FH.  It won't cost you anything but time and parts...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Has this been brought to RRA's attention?  Like in their Industry forum?  Betcha you find out something more "customer oriented" than you think you got.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

While I agree that bitching on the interweb does absolutely nothing, I have to disagree with your expectations my friend. A customer service rep should know the products and services offered by the company or be able to get the answer. Otherwise, they're an overpaid answering machine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I've thought about doing the work myself but the pins holding the front sight in are bastards to get out.  I can tear down the whole damn thing with no problem but the pins.

Customer service is a must with me,  I called Vang Comp once and by pure accident I got the owner Vang....his interpersonal communication was so outstanding and his willingness to make me happy put me over the top  and I ordered a mossberg on the spot, and I wan't even planning to buy one at the time (the wife wan't very happy with me on that one).

I know that people have bad days, god knows I have them.  I was just suprised, I've ordered tons from them before, well over 2K worth,  and all I got was outstanding service.  Not planning on making a complaint with RRA, it was a different type of request and she didn't know.

David
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd trust ADCO to do anything right before I'd trust RRA.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I've called RRA several times in regard to various issues and I've never once had a problem. If you want to experience shitty service from assholes that don't seem to give a rat's ass when you call or what you need just give good old SIG Arms a ring. Love their product but SIG's service is for shit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't rely  on consumer sales, they rely on FFL holder sales.  FFL holders have to worry about the consumer.

RRA isn't ADCO or Eagle Firearms.  They are a firearms manufacturer.  They make rifles for leo/gov and civilian FFL holders.  The only time they want to hear from us is warranty services (then they don't want to hear it, but are obligated).  They are too busy filling contracts to deal with much else.

If you want a Rifle from them, let your FFL holder deal with them.  If you want custom work, send it to a licensed/reputable gunsmith if you can't do it yourself.  If you want piece parts, get them from someone who stocks them.  Bushmaster, RRA, Sabre Defence, and others only have parts for sale because they have parts laying around ready to be built into firearms.  If they can send a part to fix one of their rifles instead of you sending your rifle in, it saves them time and money.

Sometimes they just don't care.  Be glad they sell their rifles to the public...

If they have a web site that allows direct sales, then it it their job to work just like any other business dealing with customers.  I agree that the original poster is over-reacting to someone who may be distracted for a number of reasons.  But let's not go to far in the other direction either.  All customers want excellence.  They should expect nothing less.  If businesses are too lazy to do that, then they will be conquered by another.  That is the way it works.  So let's no go making excuses.  RRA had a bad call and needs to do better next time.  That simple.  Maybe management needs to train new employees better.  So maybe someone from RRA will read this and thing about how they can train people to do better.  Life goes on....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It's to bad for RRA, I to have had rotten customer service from them on several occasions, coupled with the fact they will not accept faxed copys of FFL s.  The current license the had on file was expired and I want to order some parts (non firearm) and they would not sell them with out me sending in a new license.  

Thats about the industry standard if you want FFL dealer pricing.
Its like the want you to prove your still a player or somthing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I dont care weather its a manufacturer or not,what they are used to dealing with and not dealing with.I dont care wether the question was stupid or not.Bottom line he needed some help and if she couldnt or wouldnt get some one who can or get his number and tell him some one will call back.If I own say a deli and you come in to eat..if you cant decide ill make sugestions,If I cant help you Ill get some one who can.If what you want is something not on the menu or something I dont make Ill send you to another sandwich shop that does.Im tired of the lets blame the customer for expecting too much or asking"wrong" questions.I never cared about how much I paid for something I want as long as I got service...like some said they are not the only game in town.Bushmaster is a manufacturer too but the reps can hold their end of the conversation and if they cant answer a question or dont know they will get some one who can.14 years ago when I had a colt 6601 rifle I called them to get some spare parts.The rep told me at the time they dont sell them but if the rifle needed service to send it to them.Told him I just wanted the larger hole FCG parts..Colt couldnt do that for me but the rep gave me the number to cylinder and slide clear across the country who did have Colt AR parts that I could purchase.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like you talked to some lady who's job it is to answer phones.  She probably didn't know what you were talking about and couldn't help you because of it.

As far as going out of your way to complain about it publicly and calling RRA's customer service bad,  well I think that you are going way overboard.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

David

WTF is wrong with you?

The man posted an unsat customer service experience.  I would be pissed too if I got treated that way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Customer service people rarley are knowledgeable proffesionals in their industry.  I see nothing wrong with the way the customer service person at RRA handled the call.   The dead air was a big +++. she did not state misinformation, she had no answer.  And by reading you comment "I was getting mad"
probably means you had an attitude with her.  I would love to listen to that call to get the real story.
Sounds like she gave you the information she knew and did not comment on what she did not know about.  If you asked nicely Im sure she would have gotten you the info you needed by transferring the call to someone out of the customer service dept. to someone with some tech knowledge who would be qualified to answer the questions needed, but overqualified to take cs calls all day.  

Next time step up for yourself and ask for a manager or her supervisor if your unhappy about how a customer service rep handles your call, rather than being quiet and whining on the internet.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Your thread title says it all.

"I can't believe it, BAD customer service from RRA"  

To me, with no real issue to bring to the table, looks like you are just trying to get attention.

bashing an entire company on AR15.COM because you didn't get the answer you want on a custom work request when there was nothing wrong with the product is not called for, IMO.

And I'm no fan of RRA, either, so don't think I am just sticking up for them when I say that.

It's no wonder ARfcommers have a reputation for being whiners among gun vendors.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

David

WTF is wrong with you?

The man posted an unsat customer service experience.  I would be pissed too if I got treated that way.

Because this guy is acting like he called RRA and they said "you're an asshole, take your money elsewhere"

There are lots of overly sensitive people with a big chip on their shoulder and a sense of entitlement in this country that are just little whiny bitches about everything.

I’m sure the RRA receptionist has her own version of the story, and for all we know this guy was a douche bag on the phone.

It's no wonder ARfcommers have a reputation for being whiners among gun vendors.

Yeah ask SAW sales about some of their experiances
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Regardless the one who answers the phone is a first impression of any company and you dont get a second chance to make a first impression.If she didnt know the info she should have told him to please hold and get some one who knew.Why is the burden always on the customer.And to assume he gave her an attitude..if Im a rep and a customer is giving me shit Im not gonna be a punching bag..id put you on hold and again get some one else like a supervisor to deal with you.Vendors may complain briefly about whiners here but how much can they complain about if there getting 10 orders for every whiner they deal with.Customer service is the kiss ass buisness either people who sell a product learn to live with it or get the hell out of the firearms retail buisness.What do I care how much a customer whines if listening to it and being humble is gonna get him to drop $1000 on a rifle...I assume people are in buisness first and foremost to make money or else they would be working for someone else instaed of themselves.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'd trust ADCO to do anything right before I'd trust RRA.

Damn right about that...............
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top