Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They will improperly stake your gas key screws
That said, I haven't heard of any of their gas key screws popping out or loosening up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]

I SBRed my STAG lower half and it is excellent, no issues. You should know that STAG is the sister company to CMT which makes parts for many AR manufacturers and assemblers.

Excellent quality. Better than Bushmaster, on a par with Colt if you get the MPI option offered by Bravocompanyusa.com
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a Stag upper and STag bolt carrier group and Stag charging handle. IMHO, the quality/fit is rather poor. The black finishing chips off very easily. The RRA upper, RRA bolt carrier group, and RRA charging handle I have on the other AR-15 fits together very nicely.

For instance, the Stag CH on the Stag upper has about 1/2" of play before it contacts the bolt carrier. The RRA is pretty much dead-on. The Stag bolt had alignment problems as well, the cam pin wouldn't come out without using a tool. I swapped out the Stag bolt for a WOA/RRA and the cam pin dropped in/released freely.

With so many problems, why didn't you just send it back or return it to the store where purchased?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
+1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
STAG barrels are made with 4140 steel. This will probably not make a diference unless you are running full auto.

My Stag M4 upper has a 4150 Stag barrel.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top