Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:34:04 AM EDT
Were all the SP1 barrels chrome lined, or did some just have the chrome bores?  Does the "C MP B" indicate just the bore, or the entire barrel is chrome lined?  What about the "C MP Chrome Bore" (which I assume indicates just the bore).  Thanks!

Jason
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
This might help somewhat:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=264305

I would assume that if the bore is chromed that the chamber would be as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This might help somewhat:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=264305

I would assume that if the bore is chromed that the chamber would be as well.

"B" indicates an early production fully chromed bore and chamber.  Later production pieces were marked "CHROME BORE", probably because the B by itself confused people.

And BTW, I own, and have seen other, Chinese SKS's where the barrel blank was chromed before chambering, so the rifling is plated, but the chamber and barrel lead aren't
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Is one necesarily any better than the other?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  Is one necesarily any better than the other?  

Well, you definitely want a chromed chamber regardless of whether the bore is or not.

As for the bore being chromed, it makes it more corrosion resistant and easier to clean.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#5]
As regards Colt AR-15 barrels, if the bore is chromed then the chamber is as well.

In the time frame of 1967-72 or so, barrels were made with chromed chambers but unchromed bores.  These are marked "C MP C".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top