Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:12:55 PM EDT
I saw this pic on this forum and want to get on for my Bushy Varminter. Anybody have a good place to get one?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:43 PM EDT
Do a search for "LMT SOPMOD" stock...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:23:02 PM EDT
Damn $250.00, what do you think is better, this or the Magpul PSR
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:26:45 PM EDT
Unless you are planning on jumping out of planes or kicking doors, another option
is the airsoft version of the SOPMOD...if you're just looking for a comfy cheekweld
and adjustable LOP on a budget, that could work..

I got one for about $50 (you would still need a mil-spec buffer tube) on the EE
It's pretty nice, but I ulitimately settled on a Vltor.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:04:49 PM EDT
CAA and Fobus have a snap on cheek piece that does the exact same thing. A friend ordered a few at Shot but I can't tell you how much. If you're just lookig for the buttstock, I believe that those fit the larger receiver extension tube, so know that a replacement will be for the whole kit unless you already have that size extension.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
look through the industry forum for other stocks that have similar cheek welds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:53:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jvicent:
CAA and Fobus have a snap on cheek piece that does the exact same thing. A friend ordered a few at Shot but I can't tell you how much. If you're just lookig for the buttstock, I believe that those fit the larger receiver extension tube, so know that a replacement will be for the whole kit unless you already have that size extension.

I got the CAA one this weekend at a gunshow for $25, its a REALLY nice additon to a collapsable stock, very solid/sturdy.

I think I have seen them in the EE for about $20. Its a much cheaper option than the SOPMOD stock.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:51:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ballisticbill:
I saw this pic on this forum and want to get on for my Bushy Varminter. Anybody have a good place to get one?

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/nortonw/BushmasterVarminter.jpg

Bill..... saw your great PD vid, by the way.....

but have to ask: mounts and scope specs??

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:58:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostRing:
Unless you are planning on jumping out of planes or kicking doors, another option
is the airsoft version of the SOPMOD...if you're just looking for a comfy cheekweld
and adjustable LOP on a budget, that could work..

I got one for about $50 (you would still need a mil-spec buffer tube) on the EE
It's pretty nice, but I ulitimately settled on a Vltor.

I give this thread 3 pages and a lock...n
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:04:14 PM EDT
The magpul stocks are SOLID.. if i was to blow $250 on a stock, it would be one of the Magpuls(either the collapseable or their new one).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:25:29 PM EDT
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the VLTOR. Same cheekweld, but you don't have to remove the stock to get the batteries out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 6:22:52 PM EDT by ballisticbill]

Originally Posted By 200-10x:

Originally Posted By ballisticbill:

i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/nortonw/BushmasterVarminter.jpg

Bill..... saw your great PD vid, by the way.....

but have to ask: mounts and scope specs??

Thanks

Sorry, nothing fancy, just a 20X Simmons scope with crappy rings. Looking to upgrade before the next trip this year, hence this thread. Glad you enjoyed the video.
Top Top