Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:34:16 PM EDT
I’m looking for a very reliable ammo that will not jam. I would also like it non corrosive. I really don’t care if its .223 or 5.56. I would like to save by buying it in bulk. Accuracy is important but not a huge priority. I will be using it for target shooting/plinking under 100 yards, and heaven forbid if I need it for home defense. It will be used in a 16" M4 style Bushmaster. Any brands, weights, and suggested price will be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:38:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 3:39:20 PM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]
www.ammo-oracle.com

bulk: Fed XM 193, Win Q 3131
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:49:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sorlando:
I’m looking for a very reliable ammo that will not jam. I would also like it non corrosive. I really don’t care if its .223 or 5.56. I would like to save by buying it in bulk. Accuracy is important but not a huge priority. I will be using it for target shooting/plinking under 100 yards, and heaven forbid if I need it for home defense. It will be used in a 16" M4 style Bushmaster. Any brands, weights, and suggested price will be appreciated. Thanks.

I hate to say this but I have to. Try out a few different brands to see what works best in your rifle. At that range you dont need to go bananas with top of the line ammo. Ive used Federal AE in my AR, it groups and functions great, you can get it for around $210 per 1000 shipped. Others here will swear by Winchester Q3131. And dare I say to try some Wolf 223. Its dirt cheap (around $139 per 1000 shipped), and darn dirty. Ive found it to group decent in my rifle, and IMO its the cheapest ammo with decent accuracy. Some people here say it is crap, others say it is great.

There is some Guatemalan 223 at AIM surplus that is great stuff. I got a bunch of this a few years ago and it worked great, it is priced about $200 shipped for 1080 rounds.

But again I cant stress this enough, try a few of these out and see what works for you. I would recommend trying Federal AE, Winchester Q3131, Wolf, and Sellier & Bellot. All should be decent ammo for the price.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:17:32 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. Ill take your advice on testing a few different brands.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:16:16 PM EDT
If you are going to have it as home protection you may want to spend the extra buck and get a box of some better stuff. TAP or the like

Invisiblesoul
Top Top