Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:15:18 AM EDT
Finally got my video working!!!

Its the first one I ever made, the tranistions aren't the best, but it turned out ok...

shootingstyles_0001.wmv

Enjoy!

-Jared
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Short and sweet, straight to the point.......I liked it !
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
it was pretty good, some written rules/instruction would have been nice but it was still pretty good
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Could have done with out the C-rap music.  Also could have done with some audio and written instriction not just the visual.  Explain how to position weight etc.  First guy was shooting like a bitch. Also having one guy slow firing and another guy going FA wasnt the best example.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Vid's ok but I can go all day with out hearing jungle tunes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#6]
That was funny.....I think you did a good job on it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I was just waiting fo that first guy to fall over.    

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice vid, rap music sucks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice vid.  Good use of Fat Joe on the "wrong way" portion.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys can laugh at skinny dude all you want, but his stance was close to being right if you want to shoot someone from your feet at more than a few yards away.

Try getting into your uber-tactikool stance and hitting anything past 50 yards with any degree of accuracy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You guys can laugh at skinny dude all you want, but his stance was close to being right if you want to shoot someone from your feet at more than a few yards away.

Try getting into your uber-tactikool stance and hitting anything past 50 yards with any degree of accuracy.

+1 I thought I had read in the FM or somewhere that for LONG range off-hand shooting, the skinny dude's stance was CLOSE to being right. He just had to tighten his left elbow a little, and shift his weight forward. The uber-tacticool stance is great for CQB and spraying/praying.

FWIW I'm looking at some USMC and Army photos of soldiers at the range, and almost all of them were shooting like the skinny dude wearing the wife beater.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

WTF does your "Jungle Tunes" euphemism mean?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey guys...

It was just meant to be a spoof, not an instructional vid. The "Perfect Shooting Stance" thread, someone requested it be set to that song.. I was bored, thats all.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same as the "urban music" euphemism.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I thought I had read in the FM or somewhere that for LONG range off-hand shooting, the skinny dude's stance was CLOSE to being right. He just had to tighten his left elbow a little, and shift his weight forward. The uber-tacticool stance is great for CQB and spraying/praying.

FWIW I'm looking at some USMC and Army photos of soldiers at the range, and almost all of them were shooting like the skinny dude wearing the wife beater.

IBTTSHCB (In Before The Target Shooter Haters Come By).  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't know Eminem hung out here?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTTSHCB (In Before The Target Shooter Haters Come By).  

Like him, but not the same.  He shoots like 99% of women try to shoot a shotgun, the first time you hand them one.  Not a dig on women at all but they all take that twisted, weight way back over the center line, off balance stance.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Here some more doing it the right way...

The right way

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The right way

Yep, the right way for a 15 yard wonder.  Try that at 200.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The right way

Sticking your gun thru "windows" is NOT the right way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you supposed to lean forwards and not backwards? Seems like being anything further back than standing staight up would be worse.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you supposed to lean forwards and not backwards? Seems like being anything further back than standing staight up would be worse.

You must have missed the part when I said he was CLOSE to being right.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:41:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yep, the right way for a 15 yard wonder.  Try that at 200.

OOOOAAAHHHH wow a whole 200. Done it, do it. Now you try leaning back with your head up your ass shooting at 200.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Nice vid, rap music sucks.

+ eleventybillion
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Change the music and it would be better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunitly just what you think it means...

Nice first vid by the way (to the origional poster).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1

I always thought that bone support was better than muscle support.  Tuck your support arm/elbow against your hip/ribs...slightly leaned back.  But more side/back.  Basically you're letting your body/hip be the support for your elbow.    

The uber-tactical stance would seem fine if you're moving and shooting, because your center of gravity is slightly lower/forward giving you better balance so you don't trip.  But if you're just standing still, it seems like all that muscle support would tire you out quicker, thus affecting your accuracy.  

Or not, what do I know N E ways.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#28]

That is from FM 3-22.9, section 7-4.

Note that more stability can be obtained by resting the non-firing hand on the mag pouch (or in a case of a civilian long range shooter, I guess the ribs or hip). Note the proper balance and position of the legs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Change the music and it would be better.

Dont you see that the song "Lean Back" was perfect for this video. If you can convince Shania Twain to make a remix I'm sure the producer would love to add it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Think ya had too much footage of th wrong way. IMO
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#31]
i like how the first guy leaned further back with each shot.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
www.redpulsar.us/~coldfusion/ARFCOM/FM3-22.jpg
That is from FM 3-22.9, section 7-4.

Note that more stability can be obtained by resting the non-firing hand on the mag pouch (or in a case of a civilian long range shooter, I guess the ribs or hip). Note the proper balance and position of the legs.

See how you can draw a straight line from the v of his crotch up through centerline of his body and head.   That is the correct way.  He is properly stabalized.  It works better for most people to ground the left elbow into their rib cage, but I have seen some good shooters that dont do that.

That is the correct way for shooting at non moving, not shooting at you targets.  The guys that I shoot with that are good can hit a 10X12 sheet of steel while in the "crouched rapid fire" stance (that has been called the 15 yard wonder) at 100 yards on the move and not just hit it with a single shot but with several in very short order.  You decide which is more useful.  If you're on a two way shooting range where are you ever going to find yourself using the above offhand position?  Your ass is going to be crouched down, or proned out behind cover.  YMMV I dont have any combat experience.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top