Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:37:13 PM EDT
Hey, I know that this is a dead cow, so I'm not going to ask for the differences between 4140 and 4150 on rapid/FA fire.  I know it's negligible.  

However, is there a possibility that the 4150 steel will have an advantage over 4140 in cold weather?  Or is it the same as rapid/FA (hot barrels)?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
4150 has higher heat tolerance.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I know that the 4150 has higher heat tolerances.  But I was wondering how the two would stack against each other if temperatures were below freezing.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, I know that the 4150 has higher heat tolerances.  But I was wondering how the two would stack against each other if temperatures were below freezing.  

There will be no difference in behavior or durability at low temps.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top