Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:44:30 AM EDT
I’m trying to get some inputs.
Should I get HK94 in 9mm or Colt LE6450?
How do you compare these rifles in terms of reliability, accuracy, controllability and overall impression?
thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ford or Chevy?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Personaly I would go with the Colt. The HK will cost about 3x as much. There are not nearly as maney diferent things you can get for an HK as you can a colt. Both are about the same in the controablity. Dept. Mags are priced about the same.  If  you already own a AR type rifle then controls and part interchange, is a big advantige. But as the man sayed Ford or Chevey.  If price is not a factor.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
colt
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
colt
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Having went through 1k rds of 9mm between my colt 6450 and hk 94 which I just got at the range a couple days ago, I would say definitely get the HK. I love both rifles, however, the 94 has had better reliability (only a few malfs with the colt, which I attribute to breaking in, or possibly mags, although they were brand new colts ) and has less recoil. Also the HKs arent coming around again, and certainly arent getting any cheaper.
They are both great guns, and I would highly recommend getting both, but if you can swing the hk, do it first. One thing the colt absolutely smacks the 94s as about is sights though. The only mod I have to my colt is a fiber optic front sight post, and its a beautiful thing.
BTW, I got my 94 from CDNN, who were great to deal with, and it was absolutely perfect. Im not sure if it was, but it looked brand new.
John F.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Having went through 1k rds of 9mm between my colt 6450 and hk 94 which I just got at the range a couple days ago, I would say definitely get the HK. I love both rifles, however, the 94 has had better reliability (only a few malfs with the colt, which I attribute to breaking in ) and has less recoil. Also the HKs arent coming around again, and certainly arent getting any cheaper.
They are both great guns, and I would highly recommend getting both, but if you can swing the hk, do it first. One thing the colt absolutely smacks the 94s as about is sights though. The only mod I have to my colt is a fiber optic front sight post, and its a beautiful thing.
John F.

What John said.

The Colt will be cheaper, but the HK94s will not be any cheaper than they are right now.

I have a HK 94 and it is a great weapon.  I am going to get a 9mm AR someday, but for right now the HK94 does everything and more. IMO
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
HK - be different! Dont see them everyday at the range and it would be a sweet SBR.

Add a poll.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Hk94.
When you get the Colt, get one in 5.56.
(If you don't have one already.)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I own BOTH in true Arf.com fashion

Colt LE 6450 new in the box = $1050

H&K-94 ( highly unlikely you will find NIB ) = $3k + unless you want a CA DOJ return weapon.

With .223 ammo at around $200 per 1K and 9mm at around $120 per 1K is a wise option.

Benefit is you can shoot either at nearly all indoor pistol ranges.

To choose ................... hmmmmmmmmm

I had my H&K 94 A3 before my 9mm Colt so I say get the HK-94. They are banned from import and will only be going up in price. The LE Colt is here for the near future at alittle over a grand.

Final answer is H, H&K-94
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Colt
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Unless your going to SBR it get the Colt.

Like the p-90 the HK looks silly with that long ass barrel on it to make it legal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top