Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:33:57 AM EDT
Read this BS I found on gunbroker. He even says it's factory new but you can see the charging handle rub marks on the lower. "Pre-ban", what a joke...

"This is a new complete Bushmaster lower for the M-16 and AR-15 series of guns. You may be wondering why I call it a pre-ban when it is a current early production lower. The reason is this: the current production Bushmaster lowers are not USGI spec and will not accept a drop-in-auto-sear ( DIAS ). While this is a new receiver, it is 2 year old production, and does accept a DIAS the way the older Bushmaster lowers used to do. Bushmaster changed this attribute recently to be politically correct. Wish they had not, becasue they always stood in contrast to COLT who really caved-in to political pressure. So, if you are looking for a lower to use with your DIAS without modification, this is it. Neither Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, or DPMS lowers are sear-ready. This one is, and came that way from the factory, not machined afterwards. As this is a registered part, it must be shipped to your FFL dealer. Buyer will pay $15 for insured shipping."

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44114674
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
nothing is mil spec unless it's the real thing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
is the information correct about the shelf heights?

I don't have a new Bushie lower in front of me so I couldn't say (my two are 1 and 3 years old)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Its not honestly "Mil Spec", unless its got the third pin and matches the contract weapons.....

Yeah obviously, but the seller is implying that it is milspec as opposed to the new production Bushmasters which are not.  He is also claiming that the newer Bushmasters are made differently, specifically designed to not accept a DIAS, like a Colt's sear block and that's why it's "pre-ban". Complete BS...

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its not honestly "Mil Spec", unless its got the third pin and matches the contract weapons.....

Yeah obviously, but the seller is implying that it is milspec as opposed to the new production Bushmasters which are not.  He is also claiming that the newer Bushmasters are made differently, specifically designed to not accept a DIAS, like a Colt's sear block and that's why it's "pre-ban". Complete BS...

question answered...thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Speaking of new Bushmasters, I wonder if something is wrong.

There are two A2s in this city that I know of.  Whenever I ride the CH, the bolt fails to lock up (this is on an empty chamber).  On both of them.  Gotta use the FA to lock it.  One is in one store, the other in another.

Now, I'm thinking of getting one of those A2s...should I be worried?  Would going down to the range and letting lose 150 rounds help loosen things up?  

However, one of the stores also has an A3.  The bolt locks up when I ride the CH.

Could something be wrong?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

There are two A2s in this city that I know of.  Whenever I ride the CH, the bolt fails to lock up (this is on an empty chamber).  On both of them.  Gotta use the FA to lock it.  One is in one store, the other in another.

Now, I'm thinking of getting one of those A2s...should I be worried?  Would going down to the range and letting lose 150 rounds help loosen things up?  

However, one of the stores also has an A3.  The bolt locks up when I ride the CH.

Nothing's wrong.  My RRA usually fails to lock up if I ride the CH.  If I let the bolt slam home (like ti was designed to do) it locks up every time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Allright, anyone else have anything to say about this?

I'm just wondering as, like I said, the A3 will lock up when I ride the charging handle; the A2's don't.  Just wanted to know if it was "normal" or not.  

I think it's probably okay, especially after running a few hundred rounds through it.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#11]
All bushy lowers can take a RDIAS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Now wait a minute. I'm in the military (AF), so if it meets MY specifications and I actually use it, doesn't it make it MIL spec  LOL I'm actually using a MIL spec key board right now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't care what the people with the 'garden snake' logo say, there ain't no AR-15 that's MilSpec available to the public.  Yes, that includes lowers.

Ask yourself a couple of questions:

1.  What is the current MilSpec ??

2.  At 'garden snake' ltd (or any other MilSpec pretender) what government agency (or qualified independent third party) is inspecting and quality assuring to the current MilSpec  ??

Company has made a fortune BSing fools who believe simply because they want to believe.

5sub
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
$355? Who is this dorkus trying to kid?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Mil-Spec or Military Specifications.

Bushmaster is partly mil-spec.  At least where it counts.  Barrel steel, aluminum reciever, etc.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Allright, anyone else have anything to say about this?

I'm just wondering as, like I said, the A3 will lock up when I ride the charging handle; the A2's don't.  Just wanted to know if it was "normal" or not.  

I think it's probably okay, especially after running a few hundred rounds through it.  

A brand new gun will have brand new rings, which with all the other surfaces that haven't broken in yet definately might do that.  I bet after 1 mag it loosens up. It's normal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I don't think so,  this is common and perfectly acceptable. Riding the bolt home is not the right test, some will lock and some won't, sometimes a few hundred rounds will help, or simply a clean and lube, but the main thing is whether or not the bolt locks when you send it home properly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
The one thing in all non-military built ARs that has varied the most is the space where a DIAS would go.  Colt has gone to extraordinary lengths to keep their lowers from accepting one.  A variety of other manufacturers have made that space a variety of different shapes and sized.  WHO CARES?  There's probably at least two or three different styles of RDIAS that will fit almost any (except a still-blocked Colt) lower.  The ad writer needs to get over his "I know more than anyone else about everything"-itis
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top