Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:33:10 AM EDT
Hey all, previously I had been an AK guy but I find myself always wandering back here to the AR side. I ended up selling my AK a year ago since I had been out of the country for a while but now that I'm getting back, I'd like to get an AR. I know the Colt/Bushmaster thing has been done to death, I just had a few (hopefully) newer questions.

If I were deciding between Bushmaster and RRA, is Bushmaster worth the extra price in terms of the better steel used in the chrome lined barrels?

Is there much of any difference between getting a 20" and 16" barrel in terms of accuracy, penetration, etc when talking about under 300 yard range shooting and hopefully more tactical stuff? This is not meant to be a long range sniping rifle or varminter.

Lastly, in terms of sights/optics, I've noticed that RRA has a nifty EO-Tech friendly flat top sight/scope mount set up. Is it worth it to go with the tradition carry handle and mount a sight on top, or go with a flat top or special EO-Tech flat top with sight/scope mount? Any experience or info you all can share on this stuff would be much appreciated.

Matt
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:35:59 AM EDT
RRA is just as good as bushmaster in my opinion(you can get chrome lined RRA), as for barrel length, no there is no real difference, as for a flat top or a carry handle, personal prefferance. Read past posts as much as you can, you will learn more like that.
Top Top