Lower

CMT/Stag LPK
Hogue A-2 Pistol Grip - Green
RRA M4 6-position buttstock - Green

Upper

16" Dissipator upper (RRA or DPMS)
5.56 NATO chamber 1:9
Chrome lined barrel

Any other suggestions good or bad? I've already got slings and lights in mind.. Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:07:58 PM EDT
Sounds like a good set up. I would suggest the Bushmaster M4 profile Dissipator barrel. The weight difference is very noticeable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:09:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushwacker85:
Sounds like a good set up. I would suggest the Bushmaster M4 profile Dissipator barrel. The weight difference is very noticeable.

Yea, My HBAR Dissy is dang heavy, feels and points like a full size rifle. Although, If you are very interested in accuracy, the heavy barrel is the way to go
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:10:18 PM EDT

What's a M4 profile barrel? I haven't seen that on any websites. I like the Dissy due to the longer sight radius and think they look sweet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:20:40 PM EDT
I always liked the Dissipator upper. Something about it just says "Ass kicker".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:03:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bullseye74:

What's a M4 profile barrel? I haven't seen that on any websites. I like the Dissy due to the longer sight radius and think they look sweet.

I would like to know what the weight difference is to justify the extra cost of the Bushmaster.

M4 Dissy Barrel
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:07:05 PM EDT
CMMG also make Dissys now
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
midlength gas systmem dissy... gotta love that set up!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:33:45 PM EDT
Ahh, good info! I'm probably going with a complete A2 upper, however am building the lower. I don't see too many dissy pictures or talk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:29:18 PM EDT
I had a DPMS dissy. BUY A BUSHMASTER M4 DISSY BARREL ASSEMBLY.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:38:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JBowles:
CMMG also make Dissys now

Their website says they make carbine, midlength, and rifle gas systems too. That would be a good set up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:45:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bullseye74:
Ahh, good info! I'm probably going with a complete A2 upper, however am building the lower. I don't see too many dissy pictures or talk.

I just bought a Bushmaster Dissipator complete upper:

-chrome bore 1:9 barrel, 16" M4-profile barrel
-full size sight-radius, carbine gas-system
-A1 upper (looks very cool, fewer moving parts than A2, slightly lighter, STRONGLY RECOMMEND!)
-came with an A2 flash-hider, but I replaced w/ a Vietnam-style 3-prong ($9). If you intend to replace the A2 FS with a 3-prong for retro, or Phantom for afforable flash-suppression, make sure to make it abundantly clear when you order that you _don't_ want an FS. I didn't make it clear enough, and they really, really screw them on at BM, so had to get a smith to remove it for me.

The complete BM upper cost me $525; awfully good price overall.

Almost everyone I know with an HBAR Dissy says that it's nose heavy, but getting the M4-profile Dissipator barrel makes for a huge weight savings on the front end.

I'm really thrilled with the above-mentioned upper.

And I definitely do recommend considering an A1 vice A2 upper: if you don't want the detachable handle, you might as well pick the A1. A2 has its purposes on a full 20" range gun, but doesn't make a ton of sense on a carbine. Plus, it's actually a little cheaper to get a Bushmaster with an A1 upper.

Hope that helps, feel free to message me with any other questions about my A1-M4-Dissipator.

-MV
Top Top