Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 6:03:59 AM EDT
I'm looking for a decent ar15 for target duties.  From reading reviews the low pro looks to have the features and is at a sweet price.  Anyone have exp. with this gun.  any thoughts.  thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The only one I've shot was very accurate.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
low pro RIFLE? I have no exp. with one but I do have a low pro upper! I love it...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a decent ar15 for target duties.  From reading reviews the low pro looks to have the features and is at a sweet price.  Anyone have exp. with this gun.  any thoughts.  thanks for the help.

They were hot a few years ago, they had just had some decent write ups in the gun magazines.  It is an enexpensive rifle that shoots .5" and under.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
can't speak for your specific model, but DPMS in general has been very good to me.  I can't be happier with my DPMS rifle (M4gery)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The first AR I owned was a Low pro classic.  It's .223 chambered, not 5.56, and not Chrome-lined.  Mine came with 2 cheap plastic 10 round mags.  It also had a note with it not to shoot winchester white box that was not made int he u.s.a. (don't know what that meant).  None of that bothered me until I found this website...

All in all, I'd say it was a great AR for the price.  I put an ATN scope on it (didn't know it was not a good scope, although it never gave me problems, that's just what I heard), and a harris bipod.  It looked pretty cool to me...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks I'll look into it a little more and match it against my budget and other must haves and make a decision within a week or so.  I really like the 308 ARs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a DPMS A3 Classic at the Phoenix gun show today. I can't wait to get to the range.

I did notice in the manual and in talking to the guy from Mad Dawg Distribution Co of Tucson (the dealer)
they both stressed DO NOT use the Wolf metal case with the lacquer finish. The new Wolf is apparently okay, though I don't know if Wolf is still steel cased? Can someone answer that?

Just in case I bought 500 rounds of American brass rounds, so as not to even take a chance with the steel cased stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top