Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:53:00 PM EDT
Well today I picked up my first AR and i wanted to share the good news. I am quite excited and do hope many good days of shooting to come. I picked up the 16" Bushmaster Modular carbine
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwvml16f.asp

http://www.peppercenter.com/dan/bushmod.jpg
http://www.peppercenter.com/dan/bushmod2.jpg

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, now shoot the piss out of it. And welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Welcome to the addiction!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Welcome to the addiction!!!!

+1

Enjoy Ramen Noodles for awhile.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Black rifle! Hell, more like crack rifle! Go ahead and get youself nice and hooked. Oh sure, it starts out innocent, "I'll just have the one really tricked out carbine". Then it's "I need something plain jane, maybe just a A2 rifle, nothing fancy". Then you get the shakes, and it's "now I need something retro, just a little SP1, no big deal, right"? Then one day your sitting there and it hits you, "I don't have a midlength carbine, maybe just one more, one more then I'll quit, I'll quit for real this time".

Welcome to the family, enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I have to admit i didnt get what i really wanted "LMT MRP with 10" barrel" But this will do to get me started. Overall i dont think i did too bad. It will definatly need a few changes and extras but for now I need to find a range that isnt over an hour drive away :)

Thanks all I am excited
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Being new. I see many tools books and movies I am tempted by. So hey why not ask those in the know. What are the MUST have tooks, accessories books or videos one should have. Also i guess i should include in this are any spare parts "pins ets" I might want to have on hand for the in case situation
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
welcome to the disease
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice rifle and welcome to the disease, I myself am working on my third rifle now.
Look in the build forum at the top there is a thread on assembling a lower and other good stuff there is alot of good info on building your rifle and the tools needed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
CrotalusCo,
New guy and he's already posting pics...cool!  Welome!

Start with this:  www.bushmaster.com/electronic-documents/operation-manual/opmanual.pdf
Add in some of this:  www.ar15.com/content/manuals/TM9-1005-319-10.pdf

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Being new. I see many tools books and movies I am tempted by. So hey why not ask those in the know. What are the MUST have tooks, accessories books or videos one should have. Also i guess i should include in this are any spare parts "pins ets" I might want to have on hand for the in case situation

a couple  cases of WOLF .223 ammo (yes, it works fine and is cheap, it will not break your rifle)
a couple dozen 30rd usgi mags

accesories i would get would be an optic
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:08:02 AM EDT
[#13]
nice when you can add to the family tree. Great looking rilfe
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]

New guy and he's already posting pics...cool! Welome!

LOL ive been reading the forums for a bit so i know the post is useless without pics :)

Few of you mentioned bush op manual and military manual, Have both on hand so CHECK

Mags and Ammo, mags will be ordered today was wondering about light film/teflon and magpul, I think ive decided on the teflon with series 2 magpul, seems to be the consensous so that seems to be the way to go.

Ammo is check, only need a fairly warm day and an afternoon to make the 1.5 hour drive to the range "cringe"

mainly wondering if things like this were must haves or just hold off until needed

The Bushmaster DVD Armorer's Video
Tele-Stock Wrench for New Style Stocks
Drift Punch Set

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh and I am liking the EOTech Holo sight but ouch $400

I might see the cost/value of this item a bit more then those charging $300 for a mounted flashlight, thats just crazy surefire = sure rip off
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to family, Dad has soiled himself again and its your turn to change him.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well today I picked up my first AR and i wanted to share the good news. I am quite excited and do hope many good days of shooting to come. I picked up the 16" Bushmaster Modular carbine
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwvml16f.asp

www.peppercenter.com/dan/bushmod.jpg
www.peppercenter.com/dan/bushmod2.jpg

nicerig
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Oh and I am liking the EOTech Holo sight but ouch $400

I might see the cost/value of this item a bit more then those charging $300 for a mounted flashlight, thats just crazy surefire = sure rip off

Youl can pick up an EOTech at well under $400 from the Equipment Exchange here.  A lot of great vendors will hook you up with a price less than what is listed, just email them.  Also a lot of decent deals on used gear can be found there.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#19]
now that you got your first ar15 ...sell it and buy yourself a few of a real rifle (ak-47)    
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Updated Photo

More mags, front grip and reddot :)

Oh ya and the new beretta PX4 storm .40

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks Great! All you need now is some light. I'd suggest the GLADIUS. With the Offset Flashlight Mount PAK from Daniel Defense.

http://www.strategosstore.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=982&1=994&2=-1
http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/browse&category=flashlightmounts
hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup was looking at them sat, bought the PX4 instead :) First i need to get a new case as now with the reddot the carbine doesnt fit in the bushy case
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top