Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:41:21 PM EDT
Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm about to purchase a M4 butt stock and there is an option for an H buffer or standard buffer. Can someone please explain the difference to me? I have a Daniel Defense sling mount on order that attaches to the stock. Should the DD sling mount that I am going to use effect my butt stock order? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The H Buffer is a little heavier which intern will slow down the cycle rate of Full Auto .
It will also take a little more kick out of the recoil . As if there were alot anyways.
It may also have a little to do with helping with a quick follow up shot .

Not sure about the DD sling mount , maybe if you had a pic or link.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The H Buffer is a little heavier which intern will slow down the cycle rate of Full Auto .
It will also take a little more kick out of the recoil . As if there were alot anyways.
It may also have a little to do with helping with a quick follow up shot .

Not sure about the DD sling mount , maybe if you had a pic or link.

Thanks for the reply. Here is a link to the DD sling mount.

www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=48&category_id=8a677fcb21254ee6d60b5933f868683a
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You didn't say what you were putting it in. I'm sure either will work just fine, but if it were mine, I'd go with "H" buffer in a middy and "H2" in a carbine. I'm also fond of ISMI recoil springs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You didn't say what you were putting it in. I'm sure either will work just fine, but if it were mine, I'd go with "H" buffer in a middy and "H2" in a carbine. I'm also fond of ISMI recoil springs.

Its going on an carbine. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
That sling mount will have no effect on anything other than the choice of slings you use

I have one just like it, although not a DD, and it is the anchor for my single points

shown here

The DD is a good choice................as is the H2
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The lower cyclic mass the faster you second shot can be and the less the gun will move under recoil.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are comparing the H and H2 in a FA lower... Ill bet you wont notice much of a difference at all, even less in SA.

I have an MGI rate reducer in my M16.. The buffer weighs in at 7.1 oz. It DOES make a noticeable difference in ROF. I base my comment on trying an H, H2, H3 and Enidine. All were nearly the same to me. I went to the MGI and noticed a significant difference.

Again this is based on a FA gun... YMMV in a semi AR.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#8]
<--- MGI Rate Reducing Buffer convert.

It calms the Carbine way down.  The gas system on my Bushy kicks out plenty of gas so I went an a step further and added a heavy duty ISMI spring.  Haven't been out to the range to try the buffer WITH ISMI spring but I feel confident all will be fine.  I expect it to kick like a 22 Magnum.

If I short stroke I have the standard buffer and spring ready to go.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
<--- MGI Rate Reducing Buffer convert.

It calms the Carbine way down.  The gas system on my Bushy kicks out plenty of gas so I went an a step further and added a heavy duty ISMI spring.  Haven't been out to the range to try the buffer WITH ISMI spring but I feel confident all will be fine.  I expect it to kick like a 22 Magnum.

If I short stroke I have the standard buffer and spring ready to go.  YMMV.

I was surprised when I tried a HP spring... I thought it would speed my gun up.. To me it seemed to slow it down...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top