Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 2:41:21 PM EDT
Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm about to purchase a M4 butt stock and there is an option for an H buffer or standard buffer. Can someone please explain the difference to me? I have a Daniel Defense sling mount on order that attaches to the stock. Should the DD sling mount that I am going to use effect my butt stock order? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:57:42 PM EDT
The H Buffer is a little heavier which intern will slow down the cycle rate of Full Auto .
It will also take a little more kick out of the recoil . As if there were alot anyways.
It may also have a little to do with helping with a quick follow up shot .

Not sure about the DD sling mount , maybe if you had a pic or link.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:03:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushy-Shooter:
The H Buffer is a little heavier which intern will slow down the cycle rate of Full Auto .
It will also take a little more kick out of the recoil . As if there were alot anyways.
It may also have a little to do with helping with a quick follow up shot .

Not sure about the DD sling mount , maybe if you had a pic or link.

Thanks for the reply. Here is a link to the DD sling mount.

www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=48&category_id=8a677fcb21254ee6d60b5933f868683a
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:35:21 PM EDT
You didn't say what you were putting it in. I'm sure either will work just fine, but if it were mine, I'd go with "H" buffer in a middy and "H2" in a carbine. I'm also fond of ISMI recoil springs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:37:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JackalAR:
You didn't say what you were putting it in. I'm sure either will work just fine, but if it were mine, I'd go with "H" buffer in a middy and "H2" in a carbine. I'm also fond of ISMI recoil springs.

Its going on an carbine. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:47:03 PM EDT
That sling mount will have no effect on anything other than the choice of slings you use

I have one just like it, although not a DD, and it is the anchor for my single points

shown here

The DD is a good choice................as is the H2
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:33:27 PM EDT
The lower cyclic mass the faster you second shot can be and the less the gun will move under recoil.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:25:59 PM EDT
If you are comparing the H and H2 in a FA lower... Ill bet you wont notice much of a difference at all, even less in SA.

I have an MGI rate reducer in my M16.. The buffer weighs in at 7.1 oz. It DOES make a noticeable difference in ROF. I base my comment on trying an H, H2, H3 and Enidine. All were nearly the same to me. I went to the MGI and noticed a significant difference.

Again this is based on a FA gun... YMMV in a semi AR.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:55:18 PM EDT
<--- MGI Rate Reducing Buffer convert.

It calms the Carbine way down. The gas system on my Bushy kicks out plenty of gas so I went an a step further and added a heavy duty ISMI spring. Haven't been out to the range to try the buffer WITH ISMI spring but I feel confident all will be fine. I expect it to kick like a 22 Magnum.

If I short stroke I have the standard buffer and spring ready to go. YMMV.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:00:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 7:00:39 PM EDT by gmtmaster]

Originally Posted By TheMocoMan:
<--- MGI Rate Reducing Buffer convert.

It calms the Carbine way down. The gas system on my Bushy kicks out plenty of gas so I went an a step further and added a heavy duty ISMI spring. Haven't been out to the range to try the buffer WITH ISMI spring but I feel confident all will be fine. I expect it to kick like a 22 Magnum.

If I short stroke I have the standard buffer and spring ready to go. YMMV.

I was surprised when I tried a HP spring... I thought it would speed my gun up.. To me it seemed to slow it down...
Top Top