BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:33:13 AM EDT
Hey Guys and Gals, we are working on a new line of AR15 decals and need some pics of tricked out AR's if you would be interested in taking some pics of yours on a neutral back ground (white, tan stuff like that) theres a chance that your AR could be all over. You will need to release the photos to us.
Please email your pics to   [email protected]  
and include this

All pictures become the property of JustShootn.com and I release the use of these photo to JustShootn.com for their use.

I need the pictures to be a profile shot (side) and close up.

Thanks
TODD
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
paying?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
paying?

Yea, is there fame or fortune involved?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#3]
There needs to be a reward for the people who's pictures are used...

unless these decals will be given out for free... which I'm guessing not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There needs to be a reward for the people who's pictures are used...

unless these decals will be given out for free... which I'm guessing not.

+1 There are a few of us here who have what your looking for.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont know, I think it would be a GREAT idea to have a tacked picture thread up top where people could post pictures of their ARs.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I dont know, I think it would be a GREAT idea to have a tacked picture thread up top where people could post pictures of their ARs.  Just a thought.

Are you being sarcastic? Feb 2005.….2966 posts and you haven’t seen this yet?!  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=269665
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont see this going very well
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My vote is for sarcasm.    

However, he isn't looking for pictures to just look at and/or steal. He is asking for people to submit pictures to him and give him the rights to the picture.......it's different than the tacked photo thread.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
So we use our time to take pictures of our stuff and then give you the picture and rights to said picture for free - and then you make decals with those pics and sell them?

Sweet deal!!!

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My vote is for sarcasm.    

However, he isn't looking for pictures to just look at and/or steal. He is asking for people to submit pictures to him and give him the rights to the picture.......it's different than the tacked photo thread.

I realize and understand the difference. I just can’t believe he hasn’t seen that thread yet!    

And a word on stealing pictures, I’ve had material I posted on this web site stolen twice and used by others for profit, hence the watermarks you will see now on any pics I post here. Just a afterthought for you guys who invest time taking pics of your rifles as a second hobby.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Stock photography is expensive.  Since most people are more than willing to post pictures of their ARs, why not try to get people to take them for free (then use for profit)?  I'd say if I get free stickers I'll do it, why not?  It's just your damn rifle, not your face/likeness or anything.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My vote is for sarcasm.    

I realize and understand the difference. I just can’t believe he hasn’t seen that thread yet!    

And a word on stealing pictures, I’ve had material I posted on this web site stolen twice and used by others for profit, hence the watermarks you will see now on any pics I post here. Just a afterthought for you guys who invest time taking pics of your rifles as a second hobby.  

I think thats what he is trying to avoid by asking here instead of going straight to the picture thread, true he can just IM people from there but maybe he is looking for something a bit different from what is posted there or just more selection to choose from. I dont think he just didnt see the thread there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#14]
You all are making too much of this, If you are proud of your AR then I would think you would be tickled to get it out there. I'm not looking to STEAL anyones pics or anything like that so I TRULY resent any accusation that I would, If your rifle is picked then you will get a free sticker.
If you aren't interested then dang I'll take this thread down.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I will send you a photo later you can use. But I want a credit line and a one time use fee, j/k
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:52:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think thats what he is trying to avoid by asking here instead of going straight to the picture thread, true he can just IM people from there but maybe he is looking for something a bit different from what is posted there or just more selection to choose from. I dont think he just didnt see the thread there.

You do realize we are talking about two different members don’t you?

I’m referring to Dace not seeing the tacked pic thread, not bigbearhunter.

And I can respect bigbearhunters decency for at least asking up front for permission to use the pics and not stealing them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#17]
bigbearhunter..........

I have a bunch of photos and you are welcome to any/all of them.

It isn't like mine are unique or anything - hell, there are only so many configurations for an AR.

Plus an AR  that is full dressed, would make for a very confusing and un-usable sticker photo - IMO....unless you are doing a photograph sticker.

Who would want their gun immortalized in print?

sooo.......Just heavily accessorized numbers?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I am pretty sure Dace was being sarcastic
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You all are making too much of this, If you are proud of your AR then I would think you would be tickled to get it out there. I'm not looking to STEAL anyones pics or anything like that so I TRULY resent any accusation that I would, If your rifle is picked then you will get a free sticker.

Well why didn't you say so to begin with? A free sticker changes everything.    
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]
How about if he uses your gun, you get a couple free decals? That would be fair wouldn't it?

Edit. DOH! 10 secs too late!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don’t think so. Some of us invest a lot of time and effort in our work we post here. Like I said I’ve had material stolen from this site before and nothing burns my ass more than to be surfing Google and suddenly stumble upon a web site posting my material as their own, or people taking my pics from a thread and trying to sell my material on Gunbroker as their own!

I’m not accusing you of trying to steal pics, like I said , I give you credit, your at least asking  for permission.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Well I said I would send you a photo but I have nothing here at the house to do a high key photo on. I will keep looking tho.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#23]
What are you looking for? Carbine, rifle, fully tricked out? Totally stock? Maybe just a balance of both?And what kind of sticker are you thinking of? Picture or cartoon? Let everybody know when you finish them Im sure lots of people on this site would buy a AR decal. Or get one for free with their weapon on it!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#24]
it's a trap
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#25]
tricked out or stock doesn't matter we are looking for a gun that looks good and as you said is balanced.  When they are done we will let everyone here know.
Thanks
TODD
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#26]
If you want to make decals, I suggest you buy yourself a Clip Art Gallery CD, like this one orthis one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#27]
strange looking AR15 aint it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Nevermind; I got the idea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#30]
+1 on that, copywrite is not something you should mess around with, it is just as bad as being a thief I think.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#31]
so let me get this straight you want a picture of one of our ar15 so that you can make a profit off of it and in return you are willing to give someone a free sticker, as in one i think not. will you only be selling one of these for profit. i got an idea build your own gun and take a picture of it
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#32]
GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY IT"S A PICTURE!!! FORGET IT THIS ISN"T WORTH THE HASSLE THAY YOU ALL ARE MAKING OF IT. I"LL GO GET A CLIP ART OF AN AR INSTEAD!!
Just thought I'd give someone a chance to show off their rifle.
I could have taken and used one of the AR's that I have built but I was just trying to do something for someone else also.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#33]
ARFCOM sure is a loving bunch isnt it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Everyone either wants something for free, or wants something for their efforts...

Seldom do either of these people get what they want.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#36]
someone took my "5.56 Inside" and made decals out of it along with 7.62, etc.

when I found out, I confronted him and he sent me about 2 dozen in different colors for free.  He was only selling them for $1 at about 20 cents profit each.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Thats funny because I was going to IM you and see if I could use that as a template to incorporate in a camoflage pattern on my new rifle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#38]
free ones?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay, here's an M4 with a silencer.

www.mfiap.com/AIRSOFT/acce/M4A1_rt+M4-silencer.JPG

There, I hope you're happy now.

I hope you are the legal owner of that picture, because you just gave a company permission to use it....  If your comment was made in jest, you may want to edit it.  

That one slipped my mind; I changed the picture and used one without any copyrights. Sorry
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#40]
What is point of this thread?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

A guy is trying to find images he can use to make vinyl decals of AR15s.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Money to be made
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Money to be made

Then it does not belong here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That one slipped my mind; I changed the picture and used one without any copyrights. Sorry

An item is the property of the person who created the image, and there is a 4 prong test called "fair use" IIRC.  This most certainly fails that test as 1- you aren't the owner, and are using it to establish gain, and 2- you are passing it off for another party to make profit.    

I think you may also have a misconception on what copyright actually is.....

www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wwp

The way in which copyright protection is secured is frequently misunderstood. No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright.

Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is "created" when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time.

Regardless of CopyRight, this belongs in the GD at best.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The whole point of this thread was a member in search of another member willing to donate a picture of his AR. This picture would be reproduced on decals for profit with no mention of any form of profit for the pictures original owner. The original owner would forfeit all rights to the photo. Not till later in the thread was a free decal offered for use of the picture.

One free decal is not enough for me to bite on this one. No, I’m not being greedy but damn if your going to profit from the sale of decals using someone else’s photo then at least offer free decals up front, not simply the satisfaction of knowing that my rifle is forever immortalized on vinyl!

Maybe I’m wrong on this one, if I am then I apologize. I’m just a bit sensitive about people using my work for their profit with out my consent or knowledge.

Again, I emphasize, I’m not claiming bigbearhunter  was attempting to steal someone’s pic, but an up front offer for free decals could have made the deal more enticing from the beginning.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Maybe I’m wrong on this one, if I am then I apologize. I’m just a bit sensitive about people using my work for their profit with out my consent or knowledge.

Is this not supoose to be a "AR General Technical Forum"?????
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#48]

The way in which copyright protection is secured is frequently misunderstood. No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright.

Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is "created" when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time.

This is true, very true
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"AR General Technical Forum"? No, last time I looked it was labeled: AR-15 •  AR Discussions
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"AR General Technical Forum"? No, last time I looked it was labeled: AR-15 •  AR Discussions

Must be a ..., carry on....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top