User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]

It is Wolf Russian made ammo, enough said

Holy shit. RTFP!!!! some people see "wolf" and make all sorts of assumptions....do just 30 seconds of research and make an intelligent decision. Do we need to have a big flashing neon sign that says: THIS IS NOT RUSSION AMMO, REPEAT, NOT RUSSIAN AMMO?

US manufacturer who will stand behind their product

Believe it or not wolf does stand behind their product, even the Russian stuff they IMPORT (not make)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It is Black Hills' remanufactured ammo.  We shot some at our last outing and liked it quite a bit.  It compared well with some of the some of the Q3131 we had and outclassed the UMC ammo we also shot that day.  Comparing the UMC and Black Hills I could have sworn the UMC was hand-loaded in someone's garage.

And what was your criteria for comparison?  Since you're comparing .223 ammo to a 5.56 load to a remanuf .223 load, I'm curious.

The Black hills looked factory fresh.

It seems as though too many people here are DAZZLED with shiney brass.  

I finally broke down and gave a BLUE box a try.  I was disappointed to see that Black Hills does not TRIM the cases back into spec.  Almost all of the cartridges I headspaced were significantly out of case length spec.  And I'm not sure what the crimp was.  Not really a taper, and definitely not a Factory crimp.

The ammo functioned fine, but I won't buy any more of it.  It seems as though Black hills has figured out that If you make it shiney, people will think it is GREAT!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]
shiny is ALWAYS better, remember that chrome plated AR a while back.....that was pimptasticly cool...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top