Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:43:41 AM EDT
I'm not exactly a buff guy, and that delta ring has a shitload of tension.  I look like an idiot trying to prop the thing on the floor for leverage while I use both hands to pull the thing back and kinda knock the handguards off.

Any better ways?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah.  Don't take them off.  I don't.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
spend 20$ and buy an handguard removal tool or call a firend/wife/son/brother thant can help you
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah.  Don't take them off.  I don't.

I had to just to see how the little bipod I have attaches, in which I probably won't use anyways on a 16".

dubisteinspundloch.com/Guns/AR15-M4gery/Pre-CarryHandle/DSCF4762.JPG
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/FredFeral/hgd-tool.jpg

Ahhh, so that's how those work :) Very nice.  Might have to invest in one for future use.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
A couple of years ago, one of the guys on this board invented a simple tool thay makes the job much easier and can be accomplished with one person.  Search around and you will find that several companies have ripped-off this guy's design and are selling them now.  Sorry.  Can't remember who.

Wow!  Lots of responses almost instantly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#7]
use snap ring pliers to move the snap ring back.  then the delta ring will have no tension on it.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
The handguard removal tool rocks.. I have one for those moment s when I need to remove or install handguards.

I have to be honest though, I usually do not remove them. Just once in a while to wipe that area down for rust prevention. During normal cleaning I just leave them on. If my rifle gets wet or dusty, I take them off then as well.

The handguard removal tool mentioned above saves a lot of foul language for more applicable situations.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Just use a pair of rubber coated pliers, clamp the handles around the delta ring and pull back..........
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Just pull the delta ring back and knock the handguards against the edge of a table. Easy and free. If you think that's hard, try taking off triangle handguards with an A1 style delta ring. PITA!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#11]
They come off?
[Larry the Cable Guy] That's funny right there I don't care who ya' are. [/Larry the Cable Guy]

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:59:42 AM EDT
[#12]
12 in parts and 30 mins of your time you can make one.

MSN Marylands ar15 page has the instructions on how to.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:25:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
12 in parts and 30 mins of your time you can make one.

MSN Marylands ar15 page has the instructions on how to.

+1

I bought enough unthreaded rod to make two. It was actually pretty fun to make! I used it to install the tight CAR handguards on my Bushy upper build and it worked like a charm. The Army calls for a "buddy" to help you out. The same buddy that probably takes your firing pin retaining pin or the cam pin when you're not looking
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top