Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:49:56 PM EDT
A friend of mine is looking to get rid of his AR-15.  He has a double star lower w/ a Rock River Arms upper (flattop w/ carry handle).

The rifle includes an A2 stock, 6 position CAR stock, 8 magazines, 500 rounds of ammo in a ammo case, and various other little things.  He wants to get out of the rifle what he put into it.

For all of what is mentioned he wants 1050 dollars.  Is this a decent deal?  Any advice would be nice.

ETA:  This is my first rifle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
$950 tops... and that is without knowing the exact configuration and quality of some of the parts.  (Is it an RRA tele stock or a Chinese knockoff? etc.)

- BG
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a true Rock River Arms telestock
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
probably $700-800 maybe less, its a mutt gun

brand new factory bushmaster's go for $800 and it looks like he has a little less than $200 worth of acc.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He wants to get out of the rifle what he put into it.

For all of what is mentioned he wants 1050 dollars.  Is this a decent deal?  Any advice would be nice.

ETA:  This is my first rifle.

I agree with the posters above.

I'll also note that, in my experience, it's rare to recoup your money 100% on firearms unless you really have something special or you're dealing with someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

YMMV.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top