Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:17:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 6:19:19 PM EDT by PeterGriffen]
First off hello everyone - great site with a ton of information.

at this time i do not own a AR-15

I was thinking about buying a bushmaster AR-15 a friend of my fathers is selling. he is not sure what they should go for. i figured you guys might make sure niether of us are getting ripped off. he asked me to do some research on it and he would sell it to me for the price i find that it is worth.

he purchased the gun in the late 90's for he believes around $1200 new and said he put maybe 200 rnds through it.

the information he was able to give me over the phone was

floating barrel 16 inch

v-match

xm15 e2s model

My father has seen it in person and he said it looks brand new. I have seen other gun he has and he takes great care of everything i have seen.

he said it does not have a handle or flash supressor or colapable stock. it sounds like just a basic gun to me.

He has 10 clips and almost 1000 rounds of ammo. it is a .223

what would be a resonalbe price for this. i know it is not a lot to go on but someone here might have an idea. i have looked on gunsamerica but there are so many different AR-15s and they all seem to have options that this one does not. colapable stocks and handles and things like that.

any help would be appreciated.

from what i have seen thinking maybe $700 would be a fair price?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:19:56 PM EDT
they are mags and it sounds like it is a bushmaster varmitter/v-match which are going for $1100 new from bushmaster.

if $700 is what he is asking and that is what you want i dont see why not.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:38:35 PM EDT
$700 would be a good deal IMHO if it is in good condition and has not had many rounds through it like you say. What are you wanting to do with it, it sounds as if it is the Vmatch which Bush Master has a MSRP of $1055.00 on. But of course like most things the price could vary.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:30:58 PM EDT
sorry mags not clips.. i was trying realy hard not to make a mistake in the post. I guess i will learn the correct terms in time.

I would just be using it for target and think the wife would like to shoot it do to the less recoil from wht i have read. . I dont think i would hunt anything with it maybea ground hog or two on the inlaws farm. dont see it beating out my CZ 9mm for home protection. i read that some people use them for competition but not sure if i would do that or if this onewould be a good choice for that.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:09:09 PM EDT
Go for it, $700 is a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:18:09 PM EDT
$700 its a fair deal
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:31:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 12:40:37 PM EDT by _DR]
What kind of ammo? If it's all Wolf, not so great.

1,000 rounds of LC XM193 or Q3131A would be great, more than a $200 value.

Also what kind of magazines? Colt? USGI? No-name blued steel crap?
Mags can make a big difference. 10 new USGI mags are worth about $150 these days to give you an idea. USA brand mags for example are good for the trash can.

good magazine info here

Sounds fair assuming it is in good condition with all original parts.
If parts have been swapped out or replaced with unknown parts, all bets are off.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:35:58 PM EDT
$700 sounds like a good deal. The mags would cost you a hundred bucks or more alone. That would give you a good start, and would be a good rifle for competition. Its not a basic AR. Are the mags and ammo included in the deal?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:50:45 PM EDT
$700 for the rifle sounds like a smokin deal, Bonus brownie points for knowing who had the gun before and it being in excellent shape. 10 Good USGI mags like colt, bushmaster, bravo co. etc,etc,etc, would cost a little over $100 bucks. The ammo sounds like it may be reloads if its .223 or winchester white box maybe hard to say, Reloaded ammo per 1000 runs about $170 bucks shipped to door.

$700 rifle I think your makin out at this price.
$100 magazines
$150 ammo

I myself would pass on the ammo if I didnt know where it came from
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:59:18 PM EDT
If you can get it for $700 go for it. $950 is the absolute most you should give him for it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:20:34 PM EDT
The mags do come with it along with the amo.

I have yet to find out what type of mags and amo it is.

I was incorrect on the age. it is 2 years old and has had an estimated 200 rounds through it.

he has two AR-15s the other being a COLT and it is t he older of the two that he is not selling. explains the confusion on age my father gave me.

so i think i am going to go ahead and pick it up.

seems like most feel $700 is a good price.

will let you guys know what the mags and amo end up being.

Thank for all the help and am very excited to start adding information to the forum instead of just taking it.

Top Top