Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2006 4:36:22 PM EDT
where do you buy the D ring and how much to they cost?  Thanks Mel
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the addition of a CRANE O-ring or D-Fender should just be part of the fix if your having extraction issues.

(1.) Thoroughly clean the entire weapon, with particular attention to the bolt & carrier assembly.
(2.) Inspect the extractor; if it looks worn replace it. ***Just the extractor itself, not necessarily the entire bolt assembly. ***
(3.) Install a Wolf HD extractor spring
(4.) Install a CRANE O-ring or D-Fender
(5.) Generously relubricate the entire weapon and I do mean generously. Play particular attention to friction points.
(6.) Reassemble the weapon.
(7.) Rack the weapon several times and do several dry fires to distribute the lube throughout the weapon.
(8.) Wipe off the excess from the exterior of the weapon.
(9.) Test fire the weapon using factory ammo and USGI w/magPul followers or HK mags.

This will fix the problem in "Most" cases.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
the mgi d-fender ring will suffice without the extractor spring or insert if that is the problem but i would have it there just in case.

i personally run the mgi d-fender in all of my rifles and even accidently tore one and it still works that way with about 4-5k through it now.

oh, i get all my mgi products from twl  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the mgi d-fender ring will suffice without the extractor spring or insert if that is the problem but i would have it there just in case.

i personally run the mgi d-fender in all of my rifles and even accidently tore one and it still works that way with about 4-5k through it now.

The CRANE O-ring & D-Fender are only meant to "Aid" in extraction. If I were having a problem, my first thought would be to replace the spring and inspect the extractor itself for wear. I would not trust just adding an O-ring or D-Fender for long. You might get lucky this time, but lucks runs out over time. Since a new spring costs less than $4 and the extractor inspection will cost nothing if it’s OK, why take the chance?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The CRANE O-ring & D-Fender are only meant to "Aid" in extraction. If I were having a problem, my first thought would be to replace the spring and inspect the extractor itself for wear. I would not trust just adding an O-ring or D-Fender for long. You might get lucky this time, but lucks runs out over time. Since a new spring costs less than $4 and the extractor inspection will cost nothing if it’s OK, why take the chance?

i agree that it is a problem and should be fixed as i stated but the d-fender does help extraction and i have used just it when i had to and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
if the basic parts are the problem, then replace em

then add on the rings or whatever
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top