Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 4:35:12 PM EDT
The rear sight adjustment on mine says Eagle Arms... (a division of Armalite)
I'm beginning to wonder of the Armailte I paid for isn't all Armalite anymore.  My receipt says I paid for an Armalite AR15A2.  My carry handle also doesn't have the AR with the cross hair emblem.  Do I need to be overly worried that I have?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Armalite makes Eagle Arms I believe.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard of this before being an Armalite owner in the past. If it doesn't have the crosshairs cast into the parts (like the upper) I would wonder myself.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Eagle Arms parts are made on the exact same machines as the Armalite products.

Eagle Arms and Armalite are one in the same.

HTH...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the responses.  After spending alot of $, I just didn't want to find out the weapon I got isn't what I paid for.  I paid a little more where I live for the Armalite beacause of good reviews on this forum.  As long as my upper is good to go, a chrome-lined barrel etc... I won't lose any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldnt lose any sleep over it at all, it is the exact same part, made from the exact same materila, in the exact same way, I wouldnt worry about the name stamped on it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wouldnt lose any sleep over it at all, it is the exact same part, made from the exact same materila, in the exact same way, I wouldnt worry about the name stamped on it.

That may be true, but Armalite sells Eagle rifles to Distributors at a LOWER PRICE than
ARMALITE rifles.

Kilo1972 may have bought a Misrepresented product.

The Customer should always get what they PAID FOR , down to the last Detail.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on what AKsRule says.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Why dont you call them then and tell them you have an inferrior eagle arms rear sight adjustment on you rife then. Maybe you can get the 5 dollars difference back, or a new rear sight.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Tomorrow, I will:
Contact Armalite direct to see what they say.

If still no joy, the local dealer is a family owned business with great customer service (thus far), hopefully they will work with me on this.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at the upper receiver closely for an AR marking.   It is normally pretty bold.    
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
So let me ask this if he put it on the EE to sell and said it is a Armalite BUT has a EA site and no Cross Hair emblem would you wonder what he was selling or would you say thats alright Ill buy it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Eagle arms and Armalite is not one in the same as stated by SHIVAN. They are however made on the same lot, but there is a problem. This is not a question of who makes what, but a question of "did the dealer build this from spare parts?" Yes he did, and the problem is not "will it work, or is it good?" But a question of will my Lifetime warranty cover a gun made from spare parts. Armalite claims that they "WILL NOT" guarantee any such firearm. So it doesn't even matter if it was Armalite or LMT or RRA, function is not the cause of concern.  I would ask for a refund or an exchange.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Eagle Arms is the company that bought the Armalite name a few years back, and has been selling rifles under that name.  (They may have changed their company name to Armalite by now - but it's the same company).

Same company, same equipment, same tooling.

The differences between the Eagle Arms rifles and the Armalite rifles are things like chrome lining in the barrels, warranty, and perhaps some better finishing on the Armalite branded ones - but for ALL of the smaller parts - like sights, carry handles, etc - are completely identical.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This is not a question of who makes what, but a question of "did the dealer build this from spare parts?" Yes he did, and the problem is not "will it work, or is it good?" But a question of will my Lifetime warranty cover a gun made from spare parts. Armalite claims that they "WILL NOT" guarantee any such firearm. So it doesn't even matter if it was Armalite or LMT or RRA, function is not the cause of concern.  I would ask for a refund or an exchange.

That's a good point - I thought that kilo1972 was asking about a factory rifles.

I suppose a dealer might have completed one from spare parts, possibly creating worries about warranty.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought an ArmaLite upper assy last year.  It had the same Eagle-marked knob you speak of and the receiver's forge mark was Cerro forge.  I contacted AL on the industry board and they said they have had to purchase some forgings.  I wasn't worried about the knob.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The rear sight adjustment on mine says Eagle Arms... (a division of Armalite)
I'm beginning to wonder of the Armailte I paid for isn't all Armalite anymore.  My receipt says I paid for an Armalite AR15A2.  My carry handle also doesn't have the AR with the cross hair emblem.  Do I need to be overly worried that I have?

I'm not sure what you meant about sight adjustment , so I dug an M-15 out of the safe
for a look see .  These are the marking on mine :

The carry handle body has the EA which I assume stands for Eagle Arms , but the windage
knob say's ArmaLite as you can see . with the NATO crosshair and AR on the upper casting .
While the AR-10s only say ArmaLite on the windage , with no other marks on the A2 carry handle

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Ditto on my midlength upper, EA markings on the carry handle but Armalite markings on the upper and windage knob.  I've had mine about six months and I've only put about 100 rounds through it but I'm very happy with it, much more "shootable" than an M-4 profile upper but still compact.

Is this what you are seeing on yours, Kilo, other than the Eagle markings on the knob?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Also - Armalite Factory assembled rifles have a white "eagle" stamp on the receiver (front of magwell)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Eagle arms and Armalite is not one in the same as stated by SHIVAN. They are however made on the same lot, but there is a problem. This is not a question of who makes what, but a question of "did the dealer build this from spare parts?" Yes he did, and the problem is not "will it work, or is it good?" But a question of will my Lifetime warranty cover a gun made from spare parts. Armalite claims that they "WILL NOT" guarantee any such firearm. So it doesn't even matter if it was Armalite or LMT or RRA, function is not the cause of concern.  I would ask for a refund or an exchange.

You'll notice that he stated his rear sight says Eagle Arms.

I've had front gas blocks marked Eagle Arms on rifles and carbines, yet the lower receiver has Armalite rollmarks and the "factory" white Eagle.

He did not mention his lower or any other part was marked Eagle Arms.

I'd say you jumped headlong into making a bunch of assumptions, whereas I responded about the fact that the SPECIFIC part in question would be the same whether it was marked Eagle Arms or Armalite.

In that regard, my statement is 100% accurate.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I think you all are getting worked up over alot of nothing. If it was pieced together then ok, I can understand that, but other than that I dont think your rifle is going to fall apart because of the name stamped on the windage knob.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I suppose a dealer might have completed one from spare parts, possibly creating worries about warranty.

While I certainly understand the point, I would NOT worry about ArmaLite honoring the warranty.

5sub
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I certainly understand the point, I would NOT worry about ArmaLite honoring the warranty.

5sub

No, me neither.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#23]
My first reply from Armalite on the windage knob is this...
The parts are made exactly the same way, whether Eagle Arms or Armalite, however, the Armalite rep stated this part should not have made it onto my weapon. The rep is willing to send me a free Armalite marked windage knob, no charge.... but....

The plot thickens as my upper has no Armalite nomenclature (the AR with the cross hair), Armalite is looking into this. I bought the weapon, new in box, with all the correct Armalite lower receiver markings and stamp on the front of the mag well. The upper is the big question mark.

The bottom line is I paid the $900 plus and I'm concerned I might have an upper that isn't what I bargained for.  So far Armalite has been helpful and supportive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The plot thickens as my upper has no Armalite nomenclature (the AR with the cross hair), Armalite is looking into this. I bought the weapon, new in box, with all the correct Armalite lower receiver markings and stamp on the front of the mag well. The upper is the big question mark.

The bottom line is I paid the $900 plus and I'm concerned I might have an upper that isn't what I bargained for.  So far Armalite has been helpful and supportive.

Gun dealers can change uppers as easily as end users.

I have gotten several Armalite AR10 lowers from one dealer because he sells the AR10 uppers off of them and then refuses to put new Armalite uppers on the lowers he has left.

Works out for me and keeps him honest in the eyes of his other customers.

Some dealers aren't that honest.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top