Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:02:47 AM EDT
So I received my SPR mount and Harris bipod mount from LaRue the other day. When I opened the package and removed the items from their wraps, I thought, I paid how much money for this stuff?? I must be out of my mind! After leveling my varmint upper in the vise, I placed the SPR on the flattop and the bubble in the level was in the same spot. After several on...off sequences the mount stayed true. I put the scope in the mount and leveled it also. Same drill...on, off etc. The bubble in the level didn't move a hair.

On to the Harris adaptor. After a lot of cussing replacing my plastic handguards on my M4gery with MI MCTAR17's (these did not want to go under the D ring...but once there they locked up as tight as Dick's hatband) it was fantastic to be able to remove and replace the bipod with just the flick of a lever.

After having the opportunity to use these devices for the past few days, I am happy to report that I was not out of my mind and that the 274 bucks spent was some of the smartest money I have spent on firearm accessories. The MI handguards were also money well spent.

Thanks LaRue Tactical and thanks also to BravoCompany for the great service.

And the survival tool is just too cool...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:44:35 AM EDT
I just got a pair of the MI MCTAR17-c for my colt and i can't get them on. How did you eventually get them to go on. I have tried and tried and am having no luck getting them to go under the ring.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:47:20 AM EDT

Larue is indeed great...great products and even better customer service.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:56:56 AM EDT
First, you need a handguard tool, if you are not already using one. Then it was just a lot of force. The upper one went on without a hitch, but the lower one was a bitch. Took me over a hour, and as I said, a lot of cursing after I beat my hands up. Good luck be careful with your thumb and middle finger if using a handguard tool!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:13:43 PM EDT
i love larue products
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:19:00 PM EDT
Never used, or even seen, a LT product. But from all I have read, they make great stuff, AND the owner actually listens to user feedback, and incorporates that into new designs. You don't see that happening every day.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:28:14 PM EDT
Then why does he keep using those darn torx fasteners?!

seriously tho', fantastic products. Can't wait to see what the future brings...
Top Top