BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:14:56 AM EDT
Do they have a quality rep?  Are they using CMT or LMT parts?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never bought anything from them, but most people I've talked to love their uppers from there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]
They are good.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 16 inch midlength barrel from them, it's excellent.
I put an Eotech on the upper I built with it and it works perfect.
Same goes for the carry handle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 14.5 w/perm phantom flattop upper, a 14.5 w/perm phantom A2 upper, a 20" A1upper, and a 20" freefloated varmit upper, all from CMMG. All shoot great, and all have been reliable to the extreme. Only problem I have EVER had was a slightly canted front sight on the A2, which was repaired and sent back to me next day. They are also great to talk to, call them if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good reputation, good products.

+1 I talked to them for about 15 min at SHOT.  These guys really know their stuff.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help.  Can somebody tell me what their "medium contour" bbl is?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good reputation, good products.

... and a couple of great guy!!  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]
If my next evil rifle does not have a piston in it, it will be from CMMG. My A2 20" Govt upper is from them and I am quite happy with it, and the fact that I did not have to specially request the correct barrel for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Good People, Good Stuff, Good Business.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I just got a barrel from them. It came spec'd out just as requested, nice finish, no issues. Also, I think transit time was 4 days between order and receipt.

I'll be doing business with them in the future.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They are good.

+1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Great products, great guys, great to do business with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I have owned two barrels from them. The first one is an M-4 type barrel that seems to have a tight chamber. It will not reliably shoot 100% of all ammo. Once it gets dirty and cold it continuously has problems extracting the fired case. I know it is not an extractor issue because most of the time the extractor rips the rim off the case. The end result is a cleaning rod thought the barrel. Not all ammo does this but it is frustrating. Most of what I shoot is NATO spec and I have other rifles that I shoot the same ammo through but this one is the only one that consistently gives problems.

The second barrel was a Giffman Mid Length. That barrel was not as accurate as I had hoped for and I sold it.

I for one will not be buying anymore GMMG products. Perhaps their quality has gone up but I will not be taking any chances.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have owned two barrels from them. The first one is an M-4 type barrel that seems to have a tight chamber. It will not reliably shoot 100% of all ammo.
<snip>

And you talked to them about this problem?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have owned two barrels from them. The first one is an M-4 type barrel that seems to have a tight chamber. It will not reliably shoot 100% of all ammo.
<snip>

And you talked to them about this problem?

How long ago was this?

They may of been still using barrels made for them by DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#17]
No I have not contacted them and yes it was bought a few years ago and I know they now sell their barrels as “new production”. I suppose they could have improved their products but I am just not going to take any more chances.

I am patently waiting for Bravo Company to produce a 16 inch 4150 Chrome Lined Mid Length barrel with a 1-7 twist.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No I have not contacted them and yes it was bought a few years ago and I know they now sell their barrels as “new production”. I suppose they could have improved their products but I am just not going to take any more chances.

I am patently waiting for Bravo Company to produce a 16 inch 4150 Chrome Lined Mid Length barrel with a 1-7 twist.  

Good call
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I have had the KittyKat for 2 years with 100% reliability in FA.  I have not shot it in semi.

I have had an 11.5" CMMG upper for 8 months and it has been 100% too.  I have been shooting the Commando upper suppressed most of the time.  Good company.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Great guys.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a 14.5" m4 upper. Very nice and never had a problem
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have had the KittyKat for 2 years with 100% reliability in FA.  I have not shot it in semi.

curious... what the hell does the KK have to do with CMMG?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look on CMMGs website...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#24]
CMMG = great products and great service!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:curious... what the hell does the KK have to do with CMMG?

When I bought mine they (CMMG) were selling them and DPMS wasn't.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a CMMG 14.7'' SOCOM upper and it is great, top quality. It is very compairable (machining wise) to my Colt. Cerro Forge makes great forgings!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look on CMMGs website...

Hey thanks... I found them on the CMMG web site, right under DPMS UPPERS!

any dealer can order in and sell DPMS, Colt, RRA, Bushy, blah, blah, blah... that does NOT mean that they had dick to do with making them -- hint here, when you go to WalMart and look at the Timex watches, they are not made in a little workshop in the back of that WalMart.

But, I will say that the relation between CMMG and DPMS is close, CMMG started as really just a parts outlet for DPMS and recently has started to do their own thing on some of the products, but still there are deep roots to DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look on CMMGs website...

any dealer can order in and sell DPMS, Colt, RRA, Bushy, blah, blah, blah... that does NOT mean that they had dick to do with making them -- hint here, when you go to WalMart and look at the Timex watches, they are not made in a little workshop in the back of that WalMart.

But, I will say that the relation between CMMG and DPMS is close, CMMG started as really just a parts outlet for DPMS and recently has started to do their own thing on some of the products, but still there are deep roots to DPMS.

oops, I was looking at the version made by CMMG on the website. cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=262441&cat=27& My appologies...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look on CMMGs website...

And your point is???? Oh I get it, another chance for someone to bash DPMS, got it...thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look on CMMGs website...

And your point is???? Oh I get it, another chance for someone to bash DPMS, got it...thanks

Not sure where you got that? Or that I have ever maligned DPMS on here... I was simply wondering how the performance of one company's product equates to the credibility of another company?

I have nothing against DPMS, they have taken good care of me and the closest rifle to me right now is built on a DPMS forged lower...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#31]
CMMG is a good company with quality products, good customer service, and they don't waist any time getting your order to you.

I guess there will always be those who try to find a fault to attack.  We have all seen this before.  

You have people that are pro Colt, Bushmaster, RRA, ect...........  
You also have people that don't like those same companies for reasons of their own.  

This kind of bickering will never end.  You'll always have good and bad reviews.

If your thinking of getting a CMMG product, then I say "Go for it".  I don't think you'll regret it.
I haven't!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I have never bought a upper from them but there customer service is first class.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look on CMMGs website...

Not sure where you got that? Or that I have ever maligned DPMS on here... I was simply wondering how the performance of one company's product equates to the credibility of another company?

I have nothing against DPMS, they have taken good care of me and the closest rifle to me right now is built on a DPMS forged lower...

I must have mis interpretted the statements and for that I apologize. Wouldn't be the first time you know
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Great operation and great folks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
. ETA: Damn stick buttons...

Wow, quadrupal post.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Ordered an upper this morning, real nice folks.

So, they are using DPMS parts?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Planning on a rifle purchase from them before too long. I was going to do a build, but after all the add-ons I wanted, I think it's going to be around the same money to just buy a rifle I know I can trust and service I can't beat for the same money. They're great guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Ditto H'Dog.

The guys at CMMG are great!!  Service, products, shipping.

I would NEVER hesitate to buy anything from them.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The LPKs appear to be DMPS or at least Hammer.

I dont know where the bolts and BC comefrom, they are enhanced versions
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The LPKs appear to be DMPS or at least Hammer.

I dont know where the bolts and BC comefrom, they are enhanced versions

There are not a lot of places they can come from when you consider that DPMS doesn't make the LPK either.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#45]
They look like nice rifles, but I'd like to hear them justify the high prices.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Very good things come from Missouri! You cant go wrong. Customer service is awesome, products are great.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Very Very happy with my two Mod4 uppers.

Tex78
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Top notch specs and the best customer service arnt' the cheapest.

That and the last couple of years they have been shifting to make everything in house, there tooling has been very expensive buy and setup.

they are about $20-$50 less expensive than a LMT or BCM of the same spec and less than Colts.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That and the last couple of years they have been shifting to make everything in house, there tooling has been very expensive buy and setup.

they are about $20-$50 less expensive than a LMT or BCM of the same spec and less than Colts.

...and just under $100 of the RRA I was gonna buy, until I saw the feed ramps the monkeys with dremels do at the RRA factory.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they can't compete with RRA from legal transfers though.  By almost 2-300$ depending on setup.  And that's WITH a match trigger.  Not knocking them.....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top