Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread rocks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are those Jets Israeli?  The Israelis seem to like salmon colored aircraft.

Da_Bunny- those airplanes match your avatar pretty nicely!

Those are British RAF Jaguars; the Israelis fly mostly US made fighter planes; their camouflaged ones are the F-16 "Barak" (Lightning); which is painted in a 3 color scheme of earth brown, desert tan and a weird minty green color.

home.tiscali.be/danielle.bangels/scalemodeling/f16%20camo%20iaf%20top.jpg

www.voodoo.cz/falcon/new3/f16600.jpg

Stupid color- It's stands out like a sore thumb at night. It only works during day, low level, when your above them looking down.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing here that Krylon cannot fix.  Buying furniture in certain colors just ain't my thing.

I like my guns white for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Lovely news from Lauer.

There's another BLACK!

Diamond Plate Deep Gray
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What about flat black or is that the same as matte black? Actually I dont think anything makes more of a statement then going the range with rose or plum
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Plum looks good.

Duracoat Maroon is pretty close, they also do a Plum Brown.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are those Jets Israeli?  The Israelis seem to like salmon colored aircraft.

Da_Bunny- those airplanes match your avatar pretty nicely!

Those are British RAF Jaguars; the Israelis fly mostly US made fighter planes; their camouflaged ones are the F-16 "Barak" (Lightning); which is painted in a 3 color scheme of earth brown, desert tan and a weird minty green color.

home.tiscali.be/danielle.bangels/scalemodeling/f16%20camo%20iaf%20top.jpg

www.voodoo.cz/falcon/new3/f16600.jpg

Stupid color- It's stands out like a sore thumb at night. It only works during day, low level, when your above them looking down.

oh yeah, because the sun is out at night?  

if the color is the same as the ground below, then at night, in the dark, it will be the same color as the ground that is also, coincidentally, in the dark as well...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
That isn't quite right, because sand is translucent.  Thats why 3-color desert BDU's always seem like they glow in the dark.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First there was TAN, then there was COYOTE BROWN, and now there is FLAT EARTH BROWN.

First there was OD GREEEN, now there is RANGER GREEN.

Don't even get me started on BLACK!!!

And while I'm at it, where is the PLUM?

Pick a color AND a name!!!

Tell me about it. My Magpul PRS is SOCOM Flat Dark Earth, that really jacked up my fashion plastic coordinating.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That isn't quite right, because sand is translucent.  Thats why 3-color desert BDU's always seem like they glow in the dark.

some elements of some types of sand are translucent.  the silicates are semi-transparent- as transparent as table salt.

some beaches, like in hawaii, are made up of crushed sea shells and coral- far from transparent.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is there a saftey yellow?? Is this for cunstruction crews or the saftey personnel on the SWAT team?? Nothing like having an assult rifle that you can see from 5 miles away....

Only thing better is a Richard Simmons pink!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#12]
How about the new CRYE scheme for furniture?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Who is dipping that?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I still wanna see fricken Flecktarn or ACU camo on an AR. >.< (seriously)

Y'know, I'd like to see a flecktarn AR myself now that you Mention it.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Has anyone other than the Soviets used Plum?  I've never used Plum, and I've never seem much about it.  Is it any good?

Ameetech, Gravity Tester and myself built Gravity Tester's wife a Plum AR....but don't tell her that...we told her it was Lavendar..........

It turned out pretty damn nice......I feel very pretty when I shoot it....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Multicam has already been done on complete rifles.  I think it was on an SBR or MG with a LW gas piston upper.  

I don't remember...

Someone had LCW do the Multi-cam...  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#17]
black or OD green.  Just because I like OD green of varying shades....no real super tacticalifragilistic reasoning.....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top