Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 3:04:32 PM EDT
Weapon in question: Palmetto SGW CAR-15 * 11.5" * 5" FH * 37mm Launcher

Help needed... Below is a pic of my front handguard cap.

YHM & Midwest 2 piece handguard rails specify Colt/Non-Colt... which do I have??

And would anyone recommend YHM vs. Midwest?

YHM? or Midwest?

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:22:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BravoCompanyUSA:
That handguard cap is a NON-Colt

Thanks BCU. Is it just the D shape vs. Round?

Is their any advantage between YHM & Midwest since I have the launcher?

I am planning on purchasing off your site today.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 3:52:02 PM EDT by BravoCompanyUSA]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:54:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:12:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 4:13:37 PM EDT by 63-Yankee]
As far as your "Which is better?" question:
I just receivied my Midwest rails yesterday.(thanks Bravo Co.!!) They fit tight and there's no play. I like them alot. The TangoDown VHG that I got to mount on the rail needed some filing before it would fit on the rails tho. I didn't remove much material, but atleast now I don't need a mallet to move the VHG.

I have no experience with the YMH handguards.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:17:53 PM EDT

I have several of the YHM handguards and have been very happy with them. They fit very solidly, even after a lot of rounds, and have worked fine. I've heard nothing but good things about the MI ones as well.

Some people like the MI better, because they are a little beefier, and have the numbering in them - so perhaps they look cooler, or are more consisitent with the existing flat-top upper than many people have. Other people like the YHM better, because they are pretty light-weight.

Ultiamtely, I think both are fine. Personally, I'd get whichever you can find on sale cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:41:05 PM EDT
Thanks!! I just ordered the MI ones from Bravo Company for the reason you mentioned... they look better and the holes in the actual rails on the YHM make them look a little weaker. Plus I'm putting Knights covers on them anyway.

Thanks again all!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:17:37 PM EDT
Hey, when using the MI 2 piece guards, has anybody had any experiece with heating issues. Are you dropping heat shields in underneath them?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:52:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cavalry99:
Hey, when using the MI 2 piece guards, has anybody had any experiece with heating issues. Are you dropping heat shields in underneath them?

Here's a review of the YHM's that talks about heating issues... Not the same as MI, but close enough when talking about heating.

www.ar15reviews.com/yhm.htm
Top Top