Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 2:38:19 PM EDT
Are there any opinions about what's gonna happen to the prices on Colt's, Especially LEO marked guns now that it is rumored that General Dynamics will not supply the comercial market? Seem's there has been a slight jump on asking price (Guns America etc.) Any opinions?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:47:32 PM EDT
I haven't heard a word about GD cutting out commercial (civilian) sales. Colt is two companies - Colt's Defense, and Colt's Manufacturing. The latter being devoted 100% to civilian sales

I cannot see them shutting that down.

If that is a suggestion that GD will halt Colt's Defense from selling to civilians, I doubt that too, since it is not Colt's that sells to civvies- its the distributors and dealers they use as their supply chain.

I sure hope it ain't so.

Pricing being a byproduct of supply, high prices today could be due to the end of production runs on LE models

IIRC, they gear up for model runs and these things go in cycles - as do prices

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:50:50 PM EDT
The "word" is that Colt defense is (as always) in horrible financial shape and that it is ready to implode on itself. GD will not bail them out?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:57:06 PM EDT

I hope that isn't so.

I know they have never been squarely in the black, but "ready to implode" sounds bad.

I would think if General Dynamics is buying Colts, it is buying Colts Defense, since that is where the military orders are, and where GD and Colts have synonymous interests

again, lets hope GD pumps in the capital necessary to make Colts competitive in the world-wide small arms arena ..... again.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:07:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:

I hope that isn't so.

I know they have never been squarely in the black, but "ready to implode" sounds bad.

I would think if General Dynamics is buying Colts, it is buying Colts Defense, since that is where the military orders are, and where GD and Colts have synonymous interests

again, lets hope GD pumps in the capital necessary to make Colts competitive in the world-wide small arms arena ..... again.

My mistake I meant Colt Industries...... Major Typo
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:32:27 PM EDT
Colt represenatives deny the buy out, and I've spoken to a person with General Dynamics who says it's a false rumor as well.

So far there is no confirmation that GD even bought Colt. I've heard yes and no from sources I trust, so I'll just sit it out to wait and see.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:49:41 PM EDT
i just picked up a colt ar15 friday and the colt salesman told him they are selling the rest of its warehouse inventory and not making any more until beginning of october.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:01:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:29:25 PM EDT
I will look for the announcmet about the buy-out.If I can find it I will post it. My dealer tells me that the news from the shot show is to buy Colt's where avaiable. Who Know's. Just speculating on what may happen. follow up.
Top Top