Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:15 PM EDT
what is the best suppressor/compensator/brake for keeping noise as low as possible? In a reasonable cost. I've read that brakes are very noisy and that true silencers are very expensive, and require a stamp tax.

thanx
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:38:38 PM EDT
Why ask? Are you planning to do something naughty?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:09:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ironaria:
what is the best suppressor/compensator/brake for keeping noise as low as possible? In a reasonable cost. I've read that brakes are very noisy and that true silencers are very expensive, and require a stamp tax.

thanx

I think that ANY muzzle device that reduces the noise (as compared to a bare barrel) would probably have to technically count as a supressor, and require the tax stamp. So while some brakes might make it louder than a regular A2 or bare crown, you are probably not going to find one that can keep the noise down below that of a regular A2 flash hider, or a bare corwn.

However - the Noveske/Krinkov is supposed to re-direct that blast away from the shooter more effectively, making it appear less noisy from the shooter's persepctice - so maybe that would be useful to you?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:57:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MisterC:
Why ask? Are you planning to do something naughty? hr

hearing acuity is very important in my job - can't afford any possible hearing loss, would also use muffs. belt and suspenders type of concept
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:30:02 AM EDT

I've read that true silencers are very expensive, and require a stamp tax.

You can have a top of the line 5.56 suppressor for under $700 after the tax stamp.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:34:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:

You can have a top of the line 5.56 suppressor for under $700 after the tax stamp.

You must have some friendly C3 dealers in your neck of the woods. I was quoted "8 to 850ish including the required flash hider" today from a local dealer. If I could get into reasonable DB's for under $700 including stamp I would be thrilled.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:51:15 PM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 8:32:27 PM EDT by ru4freedom]

thanx

If you want to reduce noise for the shooter....., use a Bulgarian Krinkov 4-Piece Flash Suppressor. It concentratests the muzzle blast forward greatly reducing noise for the shooter. I use one on my DPMS Varmint AR & I can shoot no problem w/o muffs!!

There awesome!!!

If you want, email me & I'll send you some pics. I don't know how to post pics here.

I've heard Noveske makes their own version.., but I've also heard their adaptor to 1/2"x28 muzzle threads is still having some problems!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:06:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wreckdiver:

You must have some friendly C3 dealers in your neck of the woods. I was quoted "8 to 850ish including the required flash hider" today from a local dealer. If I could get into reasonable DB's for under $700 including stamp I would be thrilled.

Well, some of the savings is due to mine being a thread-mount suppressor -- QD models cost about $150 more or so. The SRT Hurricane has an MSRP of $525, so you should be able to easily get it for less than $500 in your area. It tied for first place in Al Paulson's testing of seventeen 5.56 suppressor models.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:20:13 AM EDT
Top Top