Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:19:41 PM EDT
What are the best tactical rings for a 30mm scope for my AR???   I have a flattop picatinny rail and I want something with a lever release or something fast and easy but great quality.  Let me know what are your favorites.  I will probably need and higher mounted ring because my stock has a high comb, and I hate leaning my head down too far to see through the scope.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't necessarily need the quick-detach feature (and don't mind spending some bucks), I'd recommend the extra-high Badger Ordnance 30MM rings. There's probably not a better set of rings on the market.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you don't necessarily need the quick-detach feature (and don't mind spending some bucks), I'd recommend the extra-high Badger Ordnance 30MM rings. There's probably not a better set of rings on the market.

I agree
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
A.R.M.S. #22 QD Rings. about 100.00
Leupold makes some little cheaper 50.00-60.00

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#4]

skdtac.com

LaRue
Info SPR-E (EXTENDED EYE RELIEF) QD 30MM
LT139 (PRE-ORDER FOR 2/27 SHIP DATE)
PRICE: $215
QTY:
This looks nice!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for narrwoing down my choices to the real deal rings.  There are so many out there, I just don't want to buy junk, I got about $2000 in the builder already, and I don't need cheap rings
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Nightforce Ti rings are very light but rather pricey.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Another option, although not very "tactical" is the Armalite 1-piece scope mount.  I don't know if it's uber-rugged like Badger, but it's worked for me quite nicely.  It might sit the scope too low for your tastes.  The best part is, it's only $65.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Not quick detach but Badger rings (steel) here. I've been using them on everything from 308 rifles to Barrett 82A1's and have been very pleased.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#10]
what eye relief does your scope have?
where is your cheekweld when shooting?

if your scope requires extra eye relief or needs it slightly extended i would rec. the larue tactical spr or maybe the spr-e since they have a slight cant in them to provided the extra eye relief. if the upper rail is good enough room for your scope i have to go with the others and rec badger ordinance or nightforce rings.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
If you need some good eye relief, the LaRue mounts are awesome.  The BO rings that have been mentioned are great too.  Just to throw in something off the wall, IOR quick-detach steel high rings are rugged as hell in that eastern-european style.  I use em on my designated marksman rifle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what eye relief does your scope have?
where is your cheekweld when shooting?

if your scope requires extra eye relief or needs it slightly extended i would rec. the larue tactical spr or maybe the spr-e since they have a slight cant in them to provided the extra eye relief. if the upper rail is good enough room for your scope i have to go with the others and rec badger ordinance or nightforce rings.

The eye relief is 3.75 Inches and I will be honest that I have never heard the term cheekweld, but my cheek placement is normally about as far as the eye relief allows because I like to have a full view of the target assessment in front of me with both eyes being able to see.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#13]
The scope I am using is an IOR CRT 1.1-4x26  so I was going to possibly get their rings just for the hell of it, but I am undecided at the time.  I like GG&G I like Badger and I like most of the others that have been recommended, so i will let you know where I stand when I make my final decision.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Nightforce Ti rings are very light but rather pricey.

Where can I find these to look at them?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not quick detach but Badger rings (steel) here. I've been using them on everything from 308 rifles to Barrett 82A1's and have been very pleased.

Where can i find this?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]
ARMS #22 rings
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I WENT WITH THE A.R.M.S. #22 high lever release rings.  Thanks for all your options!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top