Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2006 1:58:16 PM EDT
Meh, just a bunch of other makers parts. 1-9 twist, Cardinal carry handle, Anchor upper, no name carrier and bolt with no MP markings. Mushy trigger. S&W molded in the buttstock. Carrier had a nice smooth finish. Sort of a grainy anodizing /finish on the upper and lower. Matched well. $1050 price tag.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:00:53 PM EDT
i handled the mp tactical the other day, very nice 1200$. the rifles are made by stag for SW
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:06:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime: Cardinal carry handle, Anchor upper,

Those are forging houses and their presence on the M&P15 is not significant. They supply forgings to just about everyone at some point or another.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:27:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:

Those are forging houses and their presence on the M&P15 is not significant. They supply forgings to just about everyone at some point or another.

I agree, does S&W have that capability also?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:39:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

I doubt S&W makes its own forgings. Very few manufacturing companies operate foundries any more. I used to work for Raytheon Aircraft and while they use lots of forgings for highly stressed airframe parts, they did not have a forge or foundry.

I have no doubt, however, that S&W has the capability to machine every single part that goes into an AR if they so wanted to. Various economic, capacity, and efficiency factors go into the make/buy decision in a large manufacturing company. I've been around that block a few times at work over the last 11 years.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:27:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

I doubt S&W makes its own forgings. Very few manufacturing companies operate foundries any more. I used to work for Raytheon Aircraft and while they use lots of forgings for highly stressed airframe parts, they did not have a forge or foundry.

I have no doubt, however, that S&W has the capability to machine every single part that goes into an AR if they so wanted to. Various economic, capacity, and efficiency factors go into the make/buy decision in a large manufacturing company. I've been around that block a few times at work over the last 11 years.

I've heard Continental Machine and Tool is one of their main subs.
Top Top