Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 1:58:16 PM EDT
Meh, just a bunch of other makers parts. 1-9 twist, Cardinal carry handle, Anchor upper, no name carrier and bolt with no MP markings. Mushy trigger.  S&W molded in the buttstock. Carrier had a nice smooth finish. Sort of a grainy anodizing /finish on the upper and lower. Matched well. $1050 price tag.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
i handled the mp tactical the other day, very nice 1200$. the rifles are made by stag for SW
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted: Cardinal carry handle, Anchor upper,  

Those are forging houses and their presence on the M&P15 is not significant.  They supply forgings to just about everyone at some point or another.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Those are forging houses and their presence on the M&P15 is not significant.  They supply forgings to just about everyone at some point or another.

I agree, does S&W have that capability also?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt S&W makes its own forgings.  Very few manufacturing companies operate foundries any more.  I used to work for Raytheon Aircraft and while they use lots of forgings for highly stressed airframe parts, they did not have a forge or foundry.  

I have no doubt, however, that S&W has the capability to machine every single part that goes into an AR if they so wanted to.  Various economic, capacity, and efficiency factors go into the make/buy decision in a large manufacturing company.  I've been around that block a few times at work over the last 11 years.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt S&W makes its own forgings.  Very few manufacturing companies operate foundries any more.  I used to work for Raytheon Aircraft and while they use lots of forgings for highly stressed airframe parts, they did not have a forge or foundry.  

I have no doubt, however, that S&W has the capability to machine every single part that goes into an AR if they so wanted to.  Various economic, capacity, and efficiency factors go into the make/buy decision in a large manufacturing company.  I've been around that block a few times at work over the last 11 years.

I've heard Continental Machine and Tool is one of their main subs.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top