Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:04:10 AM EDT
i read on here that you can put an O-ring on your front pivot pin and it does the same thing as the accuwedge.  i think it was a #26 ring.  can anyone tell me if that's the right number?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i read on here that you can put an O-ring on your front pivot pin LUG and it does the same thing as the accuwedge.  i think it was a #26 ring.  can anyone tell me if that's the right number?

I thought it was #7, but I could be wrong.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i read on here that you can put an O-ring on your front pivot pin LUG and it does the same thing as the accuwedge.  i think it was a #26 ring.  can anyone tell me if that's the right number?

I thought it was #7, but I could be wrong.  

haha, i knew my i remembered it wrong.  can anybody tell me the correct way to do this?  thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I probably shouldn't admit this but in my Colt HBAR that I bought new back in early '91 I've got a piece of folded baseball card where the Accuwedge would go. It's been there since '92 and it's still in good shape despite being soaked in Break Free and who knows what else.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
foam earplug put it under the lug where you'd normally place an accuwedge.   It's free and works just as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Or you could get a RRA upper and lower, and never have to worry about that wiggle...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Whittle an accu=wedge yourself out of a fake wine cork.  I think they're made of rubber.  1 cork will produce several accu-wedge devices.

Not that I'm a wine drinking sissy, I did it for the accu-wedge inside!  Then I didn't want to waste the money that I paid for the wine so, what the hell?    I'd suggest finding one of the corks rather than spending the money on a bottle of wine.

OK, I ADMIT IT!!!ELEVEN!!!ONE!!! I do enjoy wine every once in a while.

Sly
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not that I'm a wine drinking sissy,
Sly

Wine = 2.5X the alcohol concentration of beer by volume.  Hardly a sissy's drink.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not that I'm a wine drinking sissy,
Sly

Wine = 2.5X the alcohol concentration of beer by volume.  Hardly a sissy's drink.

Sly
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I-M-A-WMD,

Who the HELL says you're a sissy for drinking wine?  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont let the wiggle bother me..a wedge improves the feel making it a more solid feel but does nothing for accuracy.I think it puts to much stress on the take down pin as a wedge is essentialy pushing the receivers apart.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I-M-A-WMD,

Who the HELL says you're a sissy for drinking wine?  

My "friends".  The trump card I'm always holding is that they don't have a single AR...  I tell my friends they'd have a hard time calling a guy wearing panties that he's a sissy when said panty-clad individual is clutching an AR in his hands.  

It's not so much that I'm a wine drinker...  I pretty much drink anything alcoholic.

Sly
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#13]
5/8” x ½” x 1/16” o-ring

Information courtesy of Larry Medler's website.  Found it when surfing one night and tried it on my LE6920.  Works great.  Upper and lower are now solid.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Or you could get a RRA upper and lower, and never have to worry about that wiggle...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I like wine, gin and my accu wedges, make perfect sense to me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top