Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:06:12 PM EDT
can any ar15 masters shed a little light on when palmetto arms made the ar15?are they worth their salt?any info would be appreciated,I know that colt was the master of the ar15 and are worth  a good deal more.Just want a little history background on palmetto arms.Was these weapons used in vietnam or any other war?Or built after vietnam?Basically are these ar15's worth anything?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are all prebans and thus quite valuable to us folks behind enemy lines.

Mid to late 1980s manufacture, yes?

I could be mistaken.

- BG

EDIT:  Looks like early 1980s manufacture, many apparently machined directly from aluminum bar.  Two for sale within the last few months for $695 and $700.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the dates.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
can any ar15 masters shed a little light on when palmetto arms made the ar15?are they worth their salt?any info would be appreciated,I know that colt was the master of the ar15 and are worth  a good deal more.Just want a little history background on palmetto arms.Was these weapons used in vietnam or any other war?Or built after vietnam?Basically are these ar15's worth anything?

They were made by Olympic in the early 80's.  Oly had a "fire" and all the records are gone as far as SN records et al.

Here's mine:

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the info at Olympic: www.olyarms.com/?page=serialnumbers
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#4]
By the way, to help answer your post:

As far as I know, they were made for civilians and thus didn't see any "war" action.  Built post-Vietnam, I'd say their quality is just fine for the era.

Now that I've been researching them, they look like a real winner as far as CT prebans go.  Can't question the status of an early 80s lower and they sure weren't cast.

- BG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top