Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:01:23 PM EDT

I remember reading a Shotgun News advertisement some months back about a "lightweight shotgun system" for M16s and M4s that some soldiers from the 10th Mountain Division were shooting at a range. I don't remember all that much but I think it was something like a cut down Remington 870 attached under the M4's barrel( much like an M203)that held about three shells. I also remember from watching "Predator" way back that one of the soldiers had some sort of shotgun under the barrel of his M16.

My question is twofold: 1)Are there any shotgun "systems" available for AR series rifles and 2)would the installation of one of these on a civilian AR likely make it a destructive device?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My question is twofold: 1)Are there any shotgun "systems" available for AR series rifles

Yes.  The one in Predator IIRC was the "Masterkey" system and it used a pump shotgun.  I thought the new one the 10th was using was a semi-auto?  I can't recall it's been a while since I saw the article

2)would the installation of one of these on a civilian AR likely make it a destructive device?

No, but the unit itself is Short Barreled Shotgun, still gotta pony up for the $200 tax stamp.

Plan on breaking into alot of buildings?  (that is the unit's intended purpose)/
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You do not want one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You can mount any thing to an AR

proof

pic  from TRG

The " Master Key "

And every thing else

Invisible soul

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top