Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:01:23 PM EDT

I remember reading a Shotgun News advertisement some months back about a "lightweight shotgun system" for M16s and M4s that some soldiers from the 10th Mountain Division were shooting at a range. I don't remember all that much but I think it was something like a cut down Remington 870 attached under the M4's barrel( much like an M203)that held about three shells. I also remember from watching "Predator" way back that one of the soldiers had some sort of shotgun under the barrel of his M16.

My question is twofold: 1)Are there any shotgun "systems" available for AR series rifles and 2)would the installation of one of these on a civilian AR likely make it a destructive device?

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:15:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wkendwarrior2005:
My question is twofold: 1)Are there any shotgun "systems" available for AR series rifles

Yes. The one in Predator IIRC was the "Masterkey" system and it used a pump shotgun. I thought the new one the 10th was using was a semi-auto? I can't recall it's been a while since I saw the article

2)would the installation of one of these on a civilian AR likely make it a destructive device?

No, but the unit itself is Short Barreled Shotgun, still gotta pony up for the $200 tax stamp.

Plan on breaking into alot of buildings? (that is the unit's intended purpose)/
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:47:37 PM EDT
You do not want one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:33:23 PM EDT
You can mount any thing to an AR

proof

pic from TRG

The " Master Key "

And every thing else

Invisible soul

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:39:51 PM EDT
Top Top