Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 1:03:30 PM EDT
Have you guys ever made a purchase using the GunsAmerica website? I have found a new RRA lower with parts kit & National Match trigger for $225, no stock. seems like a deal. Help a new guy out, what should I look out for?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought firearms from there before and never had any problems. About the only advice I can give is to get the name, address, and phone number of the seller. Then cross your fingers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, not having a feedback system makes me nervous. Anyone ever heard of Ordnance Outsellers in Florida?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought 2 long guns... No issues.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
GunsAmerica = Where stupid people with money meet dishonest, crooked sellers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, not having a feedback system makes me nervous. Anyone ever heard of Ordnance Outsellers in Florida?

Yeah I have....just bought a HK p2000SK from James there. Everyone orders from him off of Sigforum.com so buy with confidence. He is famous for his Sig CPO(certified pre-owned) gun deals. I hope that helps. His website is www.ordnanceoutsellers.com
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a sp1 on that web site no problems!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Did you have a bad experience?

If so, doesn't that make you one of those stupid people?

If you didn't, then wouldn't that make your statement unqualified, and thus make you a stupid person?

Which are you? Stupid or stupid?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:40:11 AM EDT
[#8]
ESQ & BADHAND, thanks for the info. His website has new RRA lowers w/ LPK & 2 stg triggers for $215. Smokin' deal! I appreciate the info, now I can buy with confidence. You guys are top notch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you didn't, then wouldn't that make your statement unqualified, and thus make you a stupid person?

Very funny!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought my M16 on GunsAmerica. I got a great deal, and there were no issues at all. I was very careful though.  I guess I'm just stupid.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  

I bought a couple Bren Ten 10mm dedicated mags for 90.00 each. ( Normally 125.00 to 150.00 each)..Unbelieveable price for NEW ( 20 yr old) mags.

I dont believe I got a bad deal nor did I make a stupid move using GA... Just like anything... You need to know what you are buying, and who you are dealing with.. The sales medium doesnt matter. That isnt stupidity.. Its common sense....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Ive bought many items on GA and never a problem.  I guess if you act stupid you are stupid so dont act stupid and call, get email, location, a little inveatigation prior to sending the money order.
Tiggy
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I have sold and bought on GunsAmerica for years- never had one problem on their. If they are FFL then just look up their FFL number, if they are going private sale then have them take the weapon to a dealer who can verify the weapon prior to shipping and distribution of funds. Same as on here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So which one were you- the Stupid Person or the Crooked Seller? Idiot blanket statements should only be made with an exact reference to details of a situation you were involved with.

Sorry but GunsAmerica is a great place to buy and sell- never had any problems and have been going through there for years.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Creeper,

First thanks for the response & feedback on GA. I'm a little new to this, so bear with me. How do you go about checking out an FFL? Is there a FAQ somewhere I should be reading?Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#16]
You don't check out an FFL, for an out of state purchase you have your local transfering FFL send a faxed copy of his FFL to the seller's FFL.  He in turn ships the riffle to your FFL who fills out the yellow form paperwork (although it's not yellow anymore).

No problems at all with GunsAmerica, but everything I have purchased there has been local (i.e. in State) so no FFLs involved.  If you are buying something new, as opposed to used, do a little homework, as a lot of folks seem to have an exaggerated idea of what their stuf is worth.  And it's not to hard to get multiple quotes on new stuf.

Or to put it another way, "J&G sales has it for 25% less than you want, so I should buy from you why?" Prices on used items seem to hit a reasonabl equilibrium.  *shrug*  I agree that $225 seems like a reasonable deal, but it's worth checking with some of our dealers here (like ADCO) for a price comparison.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I haven't checked ADCO yet, but a couple others have the National Match lower minus the stock for $299. I think I have found someone in the EE with the same thing for $235 shipped. Pretty good deal from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I have bought two guns from GunsAmerica and no problems at all.  Like everyone says, you have to use a bit of intelligence.  

Cheers,

Phil
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, chalk one up to experience & careful buying. I contacted the seller on GA & he informed me that he A) didn't have the lower & B) wouldn't have anymore at that price. His website prices went up from $215 to $250 and now he says he's not selling the lowers w/o stocks because:

"RRA had two price increases - one at the end of Jan (actually, for that they were raising it       from a sale price back to regular price), and one at the beginning of Feb. hat

Consequently, we now only carry the complete lowers and the stripped lowers, as folks have been buying one or the other."

Sounds like he decided to sell at a higher price but didn't bother taking down his ad.Right now I'm waiting for gunguyr to get some in since he's got the best deal in the EE. Soon I hope!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top