Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2006 8:43:34 AM EDT
i had a rail full set of rails on briefly but really didnt like all the extra weight..

so what would be the best way to mount a light w/o them??

thanks in advance  :)

crap moderator could ya move this to the light forum

sorry
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone???
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]

or

but this one is much more expensive for no real added gain.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
webpages.charter.net/imglennr/forum_photos/11SBR.JPG

www.brownells.com/Images/Products/100000727.jpg

or

www.brownells.com/Images/Products/965000009.jpg
but this one is much more expensive for no real added gain.

+1 for the top pic

i use a GGG sling thing (there are similar front sight rails avaialbe from MI )and a G2 surefire mounted on there--compact and lightweight

everything you need, nothing you dont
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i had a rail full set of rails on briefly but really didnt like all the extra weight..

so what would be the best way to mount a light w/o them??

thanks in advance  :)

crap moderator could ya move this to the light forum

sorry hr

could've just gotten a surefire M73 handguard... carbine sized, great piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Duct Tape
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#6]
IT/Streamlight mount costs less than $15 usually.

It's a small black polymer piece about 2 inches long and you drill two holes through the lower heat shield in your handguards on the bottom towards the front just behind the front sight post (carbine anyway), run the screws through the mount and secure them in the backplate of mount.

It's for use with Streamlight's M3 series of lights but I imagine any light that would mount on a 3rd Gen Glock will work but I'd verify this as I am only assuming.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:47:05 AM EDT
[#9]
The Maryland AR 15 website had instructions on how to mount a weaver rail to your hand guards. I did this with a couple of stainless steel screws and a two-inch section of rail. It works perfectly.
MB
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm trying this out on a new build. It's a MI long accessory rail with a Viking Tactics mount and Surefire G2.  The rail+mount+light=$68. It's sturdy enough for a light by itself but I tried a VFG on with it and I wouldn't trust it to hold up to that.

You also get a shadow from the barrel at your 2 o'clock with this setup. It's not a huge problem but it is there. I don't know if the FSB mounts do the same.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Use the SOTech light buckle. It is made with nylon webbing and costs about $13.50. It is quality gear and will do the job. That and a Surefire G2 are probably the cheapest reliable weaponlight rig you can run on an AR. Other benefit is no drilling into plastic handguards and quick installation and removal...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
IT/Streamlight mount costs less than $15 usually.

It's a small black polymer piece about 2 inches long and you drill two holes through the lower heat shield in your handguards on the bottom towards the front just behind the front sight post (carbine anyway), run the screws through the mount and secure them in the backplate of mount.

It's for use with Streamlight's M3 series of lights but I imagine any light that would mount on a 3rd Gen Glock will work but I'd verify this as I am only assuming.

Scott

I have something similar from GGG, but it is made of metal.www.gggaz.com/products/m3illumrifle.php.

I like the fact that it is so simple and that it shares the same light as my Glock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top