Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2006 1:52:05 AM EDT
I have not seen a RRA upper, but have heard their feed ramps look hacked(dremelled) sometimes. Any info or feed back would be great. Thnx.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:51:47 AM EDT
They just break the edge where the barrel extension meets the receiver. Very professionally done, no problems on any that I own, have seen, or used.

Cheers,

Props
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:44:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 4:45:25 AM EDT by eklikwhoa]
the ones i had looked like crap.

if you ever need to replace one or the other you are pretty much scewed and forced into destroying either to mate them up. nothing professional about it professional is factory feedramps that are machined properly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:11 AM EDT
I just purchased mine 2-weeks ago.. its got T-marks.. The feedramps look great, very profesional and it functions perfectly..
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 5:27:25 AM EDT by mongo001]
They're a mixed lot, probably because backyard hacks try to copy RRA and sell their hacks off as RRA. These "extended ramps" add absolutely nothing to the function of a properly setup rifle and only come into play if you are shooting nonstandard ammo, like power point type hunting ammo, so it's no wonder why you get claims of perfect function with them. The rifle would function perfectly without them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:28:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mongo001:
They're a mixed lot, probably because backyard hacks try to copy RRA and sell their hacks off as RRA. These "extended ramps" add absolutely nothing to the function of a properly setup rifle and only come into play if you are shooting nonstandard ammo, like power point type hunting ammo, so it's no wonder why you get claims of perfect function with them. The rifle would function perfectly without them.

+1

i would rather have a rifle ramped upper that functions than a hacked upper that functions
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:56:46 AM EDT
See "M4 Feedramp" on the RRA Industry Forum.
Top Top