Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:08:35 PM EDT
Ok this is my first attempt at a build.
I ordered the regular A2 buttstock but they sent the 4-position CAR stock instead.

Now, I was really debating on whether to get the CAR stock anyways, and decided that since I liked the the A2 on my other AR, I'd go with that. (Plus, the fact that I don't have a spanner wrench to put on the CAR lock nut).

So, give me your best reasons why I should keep the CAR stock and not send it back and get what I originally ordered.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
its adjustable--perfect for almost all shooters

more compact

where did you get the kit from?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

where did you get the kit from?

Model 1 Sales.

16" CAR Kit....I'm hoping they got the barrel right too, I ordered chrome-lining extra. Think I may be ok there-- the barrel markings are M1S HC 1-9.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
its been a while...yea i'm pretty sure thats M1S' markings for C-L bbl

its all you to you if you want the 4 pos colapsable stock.....i like em on carbines

i personally only like the A2s on rifles, but thats just me
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Politicians don't want you to have adjustable stocks, so they must be the schiznit!!!

Did you think that if you called the supplier, told him you were sent the wrong stock that he wouldn't swap it out for you?  I'll bet he will.  Give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes,you got the chrome.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
M1S will correct the problem if you let them know. They do have excellent customer service. I've built two rifles using them.

I have only good things to say about my dealings with them. Any company can sell you things, it's how the company treats you and reacts when you have a problem that creates a good reputation.

If you've never had a problem (even a minor one) with a company, you can't speak for how they resolve problems.

As for your issue of keeping the stock...well, you don't need a spanner wrench to do the castle nut...you can make due with other tools. large vise grips with taped jaws if need be.

I put a collapsable on my Dissy kit from them. Very happy.

Middle Rifle:

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#7]
you could always keep the stock and just buy a spanner wrench for $4.95
just my .02
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
In what state do you live?

I will sate the obvious for many, and unknown to some.

In spite of the National sunset of the AWB, collapsibles are not permitted in many states and represents a felony to install one (or maybe even own one with an AR in the same house)

some states where this is so includes - but may not be limited to:

New York
New Jersey
Massachusetts (I think)
Hawaii
california
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

In spite of the National sunset of the AWB, collapsibles are not permitted in many states and represents a felony to install one (or maybe even own one with an AR in the same house)

New York
New Jersey
Massachusetts (I think)
Hawaii
california

Connecticut also
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

New York
New Jersey
Massachusetts (I think)
Hawaii
california

Actually, CA laws are too complex to just say "collapsible stocks are not permitted". I'm not going to go into it all, but we are allowed to buy collapsible stocks and based on the rifle, allowed to used them.

Back on topic, if its a rifle I'd prefer the A2 stock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got off the phone with Model 1....excellent customer service report.

I had decided to go ahead and keep the collapsible stock and just wanted to let them know of the slight "boo boo" on my order. (plus , kind of clandestinely see what their cust. svs was like, since this was my first order from them.)

Fella on the phone was pleasantly apologetic, offered to trade it out at no charge and to reimburse the shipping charges. I informed him that wasn't necessary , that I had decided to keep the CAR stock instead...and mentioned that I didn't have the CAR stock wrench though ( having every intentions to purchase the wrench for future builds,they're only $5).

They offered to send me a free wrench instead, for my troubles...

Its little things like that that keeps customers happy and coming back....
Quality merchandise and excellent Customer Service  should be recognized---Model 1 Sales gets an A+ recommendation from me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top