Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:40:01 AM EDT
A friend bought an unfired 20" barreled Colt Sporter H Bar, Ser# 082### and was wanting to sell it.... He asked me if I wanted it and I told him to bring it in so I can look at it. He told me to make an offer or go put it on consignment for him! It comes with 7 original Colt 20 round mags, and 4 thirty rounders that are not Colt.... It  has a Millet Red Dot SP2 scope on the carry handle, it's in an El Cheapo hard plastic guncase, and also has the instruction manuel with it. I have owned several other brand AR's and have never even considered owning a Colt mainly due to the price tag.... What's a fair price for this set up? He told me he'd like to get $1500 for it as is.... He also told me the guy he bought it from had $2200 wrapped up into it,  I don't see how, but whatever......

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I think you'd be generous if you gave him $1000 for it-----and that's based on it being in superb condition.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've already told him that I'm not interested because I don't buy into the whole "name" thing... I build my own rifles and put into them the parts that I want.... I was just curious how much a Colt goes for as I'm not a big Colt fan! I have already found a buyer and he is willing to give me $1600! I was just wondering why anyone would pay that much for a standard length Colt AR-15 with a couple extra mags?

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
In 1997, I bought a post ban, Match Target H-Bar (20") for $750 in California.  My point?  The rifle is a semi-automatic rifle chambered in .223.  I don't care of it's pre-bran, Sporter, with blinky lights, in perfect condition with a compass in the stock.  It's an AR-15.  Period.

With the mags...$800.  The scope is a POS and if it's an issue tell him to take it.  Scope's are always cheaper than someone's perception of value.  Too, if the mags, case, et. al. are an issue, F*** It.  Take those too.  Remember that the ban has sunset and even good mags are cheap.  

For $1500-2200 you can buy a mean fully custom built rifle.  To drop that on a factory stock rifle is ridiculous.  I don't care if the Horsey is on the side.  It goes bang like the cheapest AR and is as reliable too.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top