Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:53:01 PM EDT
What are the dimensions (grip-wise) of these two FF. I like the profile of the DD in my grip and was wondering if the Larue is much thicker.

Rifle length is what I am interested in. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:05:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:

this may help

the DD is on the left

Larue is on the right

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:57:31 AM EDT
DD Width = 1.93"
LaRue Width = 2.04"

Info from FAQ: The Big Thread On FF & Railed Forends
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:49:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:03:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
pikachu,

The oval design of the DD feels nice (to me at least) when shooting without a VFG, it seems to be a little nicer than the round ones, but its probably more a matter of personal taste.

I agree, the DD has a nice feel to it.

I have a recce build that's waiting on me to make a decision on what rail to use. I've been considering the DD and LaRue, along with just waiting on a monolithic upper. SMGLee had pics of DD's new rail also from the Shot show....

which is an interesting addition to the choices.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:00:19 AM EDT
Thanks for the links and info guys. I am building a Recce and will be mounting a bi pod, but I also want to the option of putting a VFG on as well. I know the differences in the width are small between some of the makers, but sometimes that difference makes all the difference.

I like the t marks and the finish on the Larue from the photos I have seen but I have never actually handled one in person. I like the profile and weight on the DD. What to do???????

Would you consider them equally as durable?
Top Top