Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 2:12:25 PM EDT
Hi guys

I just ordered a Troy industries flash hider , has anyone ever used one??? i like the way it looks and am wondering if you have any thoughts??????

link to dennys GTS page

thanx in advance

Hanna
Maryland
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
What looks pictured on that page looks like the AWB version. The Troy flash hider is open more on the end. Ive used both types and they worked great. There will also be both types for the .308.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What looks pictured on that page looks like the AWB version. The Troy flash hider is open more on the end. Ive used both types and they worked great. There will also be both types for the .308.  

I thoght it was closed on purpose????   (not that i will need it for this purpose) but it says it is closed for striking and is a flash suppresor????and muzle brake?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
never mind i think im compairing the openings of the 5.56 to the 308.  but there are both types for AWB states and free states

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I take that back, I was right the first time. There is a Troy flash hider that is more open in the front for the 5.56. Its going to be released this year.  The discription in the link made me second guess myself.

Good thing I didn't say Troy has one for the 6.8 and had twice as many slots that were straight

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]

This is the TROY medevil flashhider
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This is the TROY medevil flashhider

Now that's sexy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got one of the standard Midieval Muzzle Devices on my shorty 6.8. When I get my camera back, I'll post pics.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
if you dont mind my asking ,,, how do you like it?

does it supress muzle flash well?

i heard it acts as a muzle BRAKE also

????
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
if you dont mind my asking ,,, how do you like it?

does it supress muzle flash well?

i heard it acts as a muzle BRAKE also

????

I've got a lot more time behind it on a 14.5" 5.56 MRP, and I can say that it works as a comp as well as a FH. It suppresses flash more than an A2, but not as well as a Phantom. As far as a comp goes, it was again better than an A2, but not as good as lets say... An MSTN QCB.

With the 6.8, (with a 2nd gen MMD, not the newer 3rd gen like JTAC shows), it reduces muzzle flip noticably, but not as noticably as the Enidine buffer did.

I can say it's my favorite closed end FH, and I love the pointy stabby things on the tip. I'll show some pics of it on an MRP tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
that thing is fugly
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:08:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Here's the MMD on the MRP. It's one mean mofo, and I do indeed dig it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I assume the flash suppressor version is easier on the ears than the muzzle brake version?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought my version (the first gen of the flash suppressor, not the older style muzzle brake) was louder than an A2 at first, but came to realize that no, the 14.5" barrel was just as loud with whatever you put on it. I don't have any experience with the older style brake.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top