Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:15:15 PM EDT
I know some people have bought dissipator uppers and put the free floating railed forends on them. What kind of accuracy can you expect from say a Bushmaster Dissy upper that has been free floated?

Here is my problem, I am tossed up between buying a Bushmaster Dissy and a 16" Varmint SS bull barreled upper. The chrome lined barrel of the dissy will last longer and hold up to a diet of faster rates of fire, but what kind of accuracy can it produce.

I would REALLY appreciate any answers to these questions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:25:46 PM EDT
Well I just put a ARMS SIR system on one of my two Bushmaster dissys but I havn't had a chance to get out with it yet...

As for the accuracy you can get out of one with conventional handguards they are great...

I chose the equipment for my departments patrol rifle program and instructed at our forty hour school along with three other instructors.. I laid out with mine at 200 meters on the KD range and put approx 100 rounds over the course of a day in the X on a standard military KD target.

The gun is accurate and reliable 100% of the time. You still get the compact 16" tube that makes indoor work easier but the long sight radius of the 20" gun for mor precision at distance. I see only advantages in this setup IMO....
Top Top